The last supper...

Mybratboys3
on 12/14/14 12:12 am

ok let's hear it guys.... What was your " last supper" ?   I mean what was your LAST REAL MEAL before your surgery or pre-op diet ?? FOR ME, it's tonight... My surgery is Wed. and I'm on clear liquids Monday and Tuesday, so we're doing our family Christmas today and having turkey, mashed tators and gravy, sweet corn,  and stuffing... Did you mourn the loss of food? Did you get in every food you love before your liquid diet? Be honest here, I mean we're all here because we love food or loved it at one time obviously.

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/14 12:52 am

I will be honest I had many food funerals.I think the last really bad thing I ate was a pirate burger it was on a pretzel roll with cheese bacon a huge burger with barbeque sauce.I don't know how many calories. 

I did mourn food more so I was scared about not being able to eat the things I loved.

Now I am so glad I did it.I feel so much better.I don't have all of the bad feelings of being so grossed out being stuffed or just feeling sluggish from all of the carbs.

On Thanksgiving I did have turkey homemade cranberry sauce and I did have a few bites of stuffing. Ate the turkey first though.

Best wishes to you.

SkinnyScientist
on 12/14/14 10:20 am

Me too!

My food funerals were: 1) loaded baked potatoes 2) mac and cheese (several times..it refused to die), 3) chocolate cake, 4) tirmisu (sp), 5) risotto (several times) 6) pesto rice and 7) baked oatmeal (sounds healthy but has about a jar of honey in it AND  a cup of sugar...want to kill a diabetic?...feed them that)...

Then there was bread and cheese and crackers and cheese and more bread crackers and cheese. Then bread and peanut butter. and bread with honey...

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Deana_
on 12/14/14 1:04 am

The last thing I ate before my 2 week liquid diet which i am on right now is five guys. But this was because we had no groceries and i wasnt about to buy any before my liquid diet. I did not attempt to get all of my favorite foods in. Food isn't going anywhere. I will be able to have most of what i love for the rest of my life in moderation.. if i even want it at all. Im not a big "sweets" person. So I am mostly wanting a savory meal right now.

I am not mourning the loss of food. The hunger pains arent fun.. but i am not hungry if that makes sense. Its just my body reacting.

Dont over eat. you will make it worse for yourself.

Mybratboys3
on 12/14/14 1:21 am

I'm definitely not going to over eat. I feel sick after a "regular" meal now LOL  I was just wondering about people's "last" meals LOL thought it would be a FUN post.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/14/14 1:30 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I made myself sick eating mexican food before the pre-op.  

I am so glad that food isn't my main thought anymore.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

NinaCanDOit
on 12/14/14 1:53 am
RNY on 06/27/14

I had many food funerals before I went on the high protein/low carb phase pre-surgery.  I had full meals from Carl's Jr and Whataburger, ate at a few of my favorite Thai and Indian restaurants, had lots of pasta and made a few of my fav recipies (including a veal parm sandwich to die for). 

It was all stuff that was heavy on carbs that I knew I wouldn't be revisiting soon (if ever).  I'm glad that I had that time before surgery, before the diet to go through that and wrap my head around what was going to be happening to my body.  I was well aware that most of these foods would make me sick for the foreseeable future, and I wasn't sure if there would still be a desire for them or not, but it felt good at the time, almost cathartic.  Looking back on it now, I still feel the same; I'm glad I did it. 

The good news is in nearly 6 months since surgery I haven't given most of those foods a second thought, much less had a craving.  Crazy, right?  I had Thai food a few weeks ago and I was fine.  I split a plate with someone, had the chicken first, then a few veggies and noodles and I was fine. Miracle. Life is good. 

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

phibbmom
on 12/14/14 5:47 am

I had many food funerals too!  My sister and I even took a trip to New York City and lived it up for a weekend (and went to my favorite pub and had my favorite pizza).  My final favorite meal was Chinese food (spicy crispy beef) from my favorite restaurant.  I have a friend who had the surgery and she said that she can no longer tolerate Chinese food at all.  It's funny, I really don't mourn the loss of any food yet.  I am about 2 1/2 months into it.  I think I mourned it more before the surgery than after. 

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

chulbert
on 12/14/14 6:15 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I think most people had a few big meals at the end; however, as someone who's a fair amount of time post-op (2 years) I can assure you there are very few foods that are absolutely gone forever.

Mybratboys3
on 12/14/14 7:43 am

Good to know !

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 219 views