Preparing

4Reel
on 12/14/14 12:40 pm

I am in my last month of fulfilling the insurance requirements and I am starting to prepare.  

I have lurked enough to know to get Biotine (sp?) and Chapstick for the hospital stay. Any other suggestions?  What did you wish you had?  What were you glad that you brought?

What are your favorite apps for fitness/and or weight loss?

I do have a recliner for when I come home. I bought some crystal light (which I don't normally like), and a few different types of protien shakes. What other items did you start to get here and there prior to surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/14 3:06 pm, edited 12/14/14 3:08 pm
RNY on 11/17/14

I bought my vitamins ahead of time so they were all ready for when I got home, and still managed to forget one.

Chapstick, ear plugs, a nice cozy robe. Pre-moistened face towelettes and wipes made me feel almost human in the hospital. It let me wash my face and ears and neck and other parts while not having to worry about dragging myself to the bathroom. 

And slipper socks! the soft fleecy ones with the little sticky things on the bottom or some kind of tread. They are much softer than the ones the hospital provides. 

I use myfitnesspal to track everything, and that's really the only fitness app I use.

Good luck. The next month will go so fast.

clr055
on 12/15/14 6:01 am - Lewisville, ID

A robe. Was nice for walking the halls. Cell phone charger. Ask your doctor if the hospital your at has private or shared rooms, no earplugs needed if its private. Other than chapstick there was really nothing else that I wanted or needed. Didn't turn on the tv or use my kindle fire. Barely checked my cell phone. Once you get a date things move quickly!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 171 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 396 views
Recent Topics