Chew and spit?

Mybratboys3
on 12/15/14 1:03 pm

I would never do this, but I just heard someone talking about chewing food they shouldn't have and spitting it out just to get the taste.... IDK I'm one where if it gets in my mouth I'm swallowing it LOL, so if I really shouldn't have it, it's not going in there. BUT... do people REALLY do this ??? 

Chilipepper
on 12/15/14 1:07 pm

That's called an eating disorder...if you have to spit it out you shouldn't eat it.. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

NYMom222
on 12/15/14 1:11 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I saw one other post on this board about it and people were freaking out saying it was a sign of an eating disorder. While that maybe true, I could understand maybe in the first few weeks when you are so restricted, if you can't take it... although I don't totally understand because you can barely eat then... I never did it, at least for those reasons. I do occasionally spit a bite out, if while I am chewing it I realize that it is the -one bite too many- that is going to put me in the over-full, painful spot. Sometimes the "I'm full" hits you in the middle of a bite.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

poet_kelly
on 12/15/14 8:51 pm - OH

According to the National Eating Disorder Information Center, the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, the National Institutes of Health, Johns Hopkins and many other reputable sources, it is a sign of an eating disorder.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/15/14 8:58 pm

I absolutely can relate.  I do spit the good out if during chewing the last bite I get the very cleat message "I am getting full".  I also would spit food that does not taste right - either because it is really bad, or because I started eating something that would/could make me sick (I.e.glazed ham - wuthway too much sugar on it)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/15/14 9:03 pm, edited 12/15/14 9:04 pm

I absolutely can relate.  I do spit the good out if during chewing the last bite I get the very cleat message "I am getting full".  I also would spit food that does not taste right - either because it is really bad, or because I started eating something that would/could make me sick (I.e.glazed with way too much sugar on it)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

HLen
on 12/15/14 1:38 pm
RNY on 07/11/14

I will admit, I did this about twice in the very beginning, because I knew I couldn't swallow it, I was on restricted puréed foods and just wanted the taste of something my husband had.  Never became a problem. 

I do chew and spit a last bite occasionally now because I realize after it's chewed that it will be that bite that puts me over the normal to uncomfortable feel. 

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Grim_Traveller
on 12/15/14 1:59 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

A great woman on here once said, "Spitters are quitters."

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 12/16/14 2:25 am - Warren, OH

Did she say anything about swallowers?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 12/16/14 2:16 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm sure it's part of her larger thesis.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics