Dehydrated

csd319
on 12/21/14 12:27 pm

I had my rny on 11/20/14 and I can't seem to get all the water down I should be! Any suggestions on getting it down? I still don't get all my protein down either but I'm doing better with that now. It seems I spend so much time getting protein down that I can't get all the water down! I'm really worried about getting very dehydrated and sick so should I try drinking Gatorade or something to help?

oneuppr1
on 12/21/14 12:34 pm

the easiest way i get extra water down when im having a hard time drinking is sugar free ice pops. it doesent feel like drinking, bu****er is water weather frozen or not

MickeyDee
on 12/21/14 11:22 pm

Any liquids count;  I used Diet Peach Snapple with a scoop of unflavored protein powder mixed into it.  I also found there are liquids with high protein counts available at GNC.  (Sorry, can't remember the name of the product right now.)

dragonlove
on 12/21/14 11:51 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Some people have trouble with the surface tension of plain water.  Try putting flavor drops - Powerade, or Crystal Light has lots of flavors with no sugar.  Also, for some people, the temperature causes problems.  I can't drink totally super cold ice water any more - it just seems hard to swallow.  Some people find that room temperature or warm beverages go down better - especially at first.

Remember, if you are drinking protein drinks, they also count toward your fluids!  So does broth!

Congratulations on your surgery!  I am exactly 1 year ahead of you!  My surgery was 11/20/2013!  

Pay careful attention to your water - it is actually more important than your protein at the beginning right now.  For a short time, your body can get along with less protein than the Dr tells you, but no-one's body will work well without enough water!

Feel free to message me and keep me posted on your progress!

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views