First Christmas post RNY- overindulging

pflower101
on 12/25/14 12:22 pm

So I have been doing great with my nutrition but had a bit to much today at dinner. I ended up vomiting for the first time. Learned my lesson. I had so much fear of stretching my lil pouch friend. Anyone else experience this including fear of stretching your pouch. I believe I was told it occurs with frequent episodes of overindulging. This is my first and last episode. 

Shirleyann_43
on 12/25/14 1:36 pm

Had the same problem. Have been at a stall for months and now I am gaining. I can feel the pouch at fullness but need to figure out how to lose more and gain less....

SkinnyScientist
on 12/25/14 7:23 pm

I freak out over the idea of stretching my pouch too!

We must stick to the rules.

I have also "gained" two lbs this week. It is either the lack of exercise or wine that I have consumed. 

I am about to check out when sunrise is today and go for a run before everyone wakes up. The wedding stress and the fact that there is so much to do is giving me the crazies.

L

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

pflower101
on 12/26/14 12:59 am

Thank you for letting me know I am not alone. I am grateful for your replies for my friends had a band not RNY. We feel and respond differently to our lifesyles. I am still losing but I get nervous. I need to relax 

Chilipepper
on 12/26/14 3:15 am

How far out are you?

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

pflower101
on 12/26/14 4:19 am

Surgery date 9/10/14 :-)

Chilipepper
on 12/26/14 7:53 am

It takes a lot for us to "throw up". Dumping on something sweet is one thing but if you over eat so much that you throw up, you better give what happened serious thought. You are only 3 months out. This isn't an oopsy daisy. This is serious.  Don't do it again.

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

pflower101
on 12/26/14 12:16 pm

Thank you Chilipepper. 

marymo362
on 12/26/14 9:35 am
RNY on 03/18/14

Do you track your food and water intake daily? I find that really helps me, I tend to have too few calories and have had one instance where I didn't chew very well and food became stuck. Oh, I was sick.....argh!

Take it easy, track your food, drink a LOT of water. Hang in there....if throwing up didn't get you back on track then I suggest getting to a support group, tracking your food and talk to your doc.

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

pflower101
on 12/26/14 12:22 pm

Thank you marymo362. I do track. I think I needed to chew slower. I learned from it for I am usually really good by the book and routine. My first big family gathering and I was so focused on my kids and  rushing, I needed to slow down for myself. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 444 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404