Poop tmi

Deana_
on 12/26/14 10:11 am

hi I had RNY on Monday.

i have had diarrhea for two days.

also my gas and diarrhea smells like a septic system. Is this normal?

i have only consumed water, broth, celebrate liquid vitamins, sugar free ice pop and unjury protein powder.

sorry for the tmi 

Chilipepper
on 12/26/14 10:16 am

Yes.  It's surgical waste. Once you blow it all out you will stabilize some. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Deana_
on 12/26/14 10:24 am

I'm literally in the bathroom every two seconds 

princessjess73
on 12/26/14 10:30 am - Lees Summit, MO

The protein digestion smells awful and gassy.  Any time I have a lot of liquids, diarrhea follows.

Chilipepper
on 12/26/14 10:38 am

It's ok. I come from the school of thinking clear liquids only the first week. Protein powder isn't necessary the first week or so.  It's litterelly a pain in the ass but it will stabilize. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Mybratboys3
on 12/26/14 10:54 am

I didn't poop for a week and that was AFTER I took 2 doses of Milk  Of Magnesia LOL  haven't pooped again yet and it's 3 days later

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/14 12:47 pm
RNY on 11/17/14

Had the same problem. I am trying a combination of Actevia Greek Light and 3x daily Benefiber, and it seems to be working so far. At least better than it was in the beginning.

QoftheU
on 12/27/14 5:30 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Magnesium OXIDE (only Oxide - none of the others work).  I take 2500mg split into two doses daily.  ONLY thing that cured my chronic horrible constipation.  Don't let this one get a hold of you - I ended up with diverticulitis I was so constipated and you do NOT want that.  Trust me.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Mybratboys3
on 12/27/14 6:09 am

did you feel constipated? I JUST started on soft foods yesterday, so not sure I have too much in me, but I don't even feel like I have to poop??? Would I FEEL constipated if I was? I have never been so don't know. 

QoftheU
on 12/27/14 6:18 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

In the beginning (God said... hahaha!), no seriously, right after surgery I didn't feel a huge need to poop cuz there just wasn't enough stuff inside to generate any waste to speak of.  However, that changed once I started pumping protein in at a large rate - liquid or solid, doesn't matter - a high protein diet will absolutely constipate you - just the way it works.  Once you begin adding veggies (which will be awhile), that helps some but you're more than likely still going to deal with constipation issues.

So you may not need to do the MagOx now - but just buy some and have it ready.  I fought constipation at about two weeks out - and was f'ing miserable for a month trying to figure out what to do, and then found out I'd constipated myself right into diverticulitis and was well on my way to a blockage (which they have to physically go in and remove the poop - NOT fun!).  Benefiber, Miralax, etc etc, did absolutely nothing for me.  I was actually getting scared until I went into a great local health store here and the guy told me I was taking the wrong kind of Mag - once I started the new kind, I'm regular 2x day.

You may not end up where I was - but just file this info away in case.  Oh, and I can't miss ONE dosage or I'm backed up again.  Not ONE.

Good luck!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views