Broke my foot in several places Christmas Eve

princessjess73
on 12/26/14 10:29 am - Lees Summit, MO

Horrible Christmas this year. My uncle passed away on dec 23. I was heading out of the house at noon with ingredients for chick Alfredo for 45 people, large purse in tow, and on the phone with repairman. There was a pair of shoes after the stair in the garage and I stepped down on ithem and rolled the foot inward and fell. I drove to moms to cook two lasagnas and the chick alf and the swelling was horrible. I knew it was broke or sprained. I couldn't put weight on it. Got the kids and self ready for mass and went to sister's for family Christmas. Husband being horrible jerk and I drove myself to the ER at 1130, closed fx several places and cannot wt bear until podiatry back in the office Monday. I can't stand being cooped up and I have a two-yr old.  I also have still been vomiting most meals and my appetite is nil and I really really don't want to vomit any more.  One day I tol something and then vomit for every meal after. I get so busy I forget to eat. 

Chilipepper
on 12/26/14 10:43 am

Damn. I am so sorry this happened.  Just relax. You have to get through the weekend. What kinds of foods are you eating and how far out are you?  

Ps DO NOT seek the advise of a podiatrist..see an ortho 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

princessjess73
on 12/26/14 11:11 am - Lees Summit, MO

I try to eat: deli ham, deli turkey, tuna, imitation crab, scrambled eggs, ground beef and turkey, shrimp, turkey sausage links, salmon and tilapia. I vomited on all of these. I feel so sick every time after the first two bites and chewing 40x to oblivion. 

I can tolerate most cheeses well. I can do about two bites of chicken.

They old me pod but they are closed fx not open so that is good. 

Chilipepper
on 12/26/14 11:46 am

When was your surgery?

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Abby M.
on 12/26/14 9:47 pm
RNY on 12/08/14

I agree with Chilipepper on the orthopedist. Best to go to one vs. podiatrist. 

November18
on 12/26/14 10:24 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

I feel so badly for you! I don't know how you managed to do all that after you broke your foot! I broke mine 2 years ago right before Christmas. The holidays were horrible. I scooted around my kitchen in a wheelchair and had to crawl up the steps at night and down the hall to go to bed. Had to get a seat for the shower. God Bless You! I'm old and did not have a two year old. Be careful. Don't put weight on it and definitely go to an orthopedist. If you are not careful you can have trouble for years. I was in a boot for 3 months. It was before my surgery. I gained 30 lbs. Please be careful. You are trying to do too much.

Bonnie

shester
on 12/27/14 1:26 am

Bless your heart. Were you vomiting before this happened ? If it started after you broke your foot it could be from the pain or the pain medication. I hopeyou feel better soon.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views