Birthday coming in a month

MariMoms
on 12/26/14 10:05 pm

so my birthday is next month and I'll b about 6 months post op, now my question is about having a drink has anyone had a drink this early out or should I not? Also has anyone experience loose skin and if so what are u doing to firm it up? thanks for your help...

karenp8
on 12/26/14 11:36 pm - Brighton, IL

I don't drink so I can't help you there,but will caution you to be careful with alcohol. It may affect you differently now and some in my support group who were social drinkers before surgery ended up as alcoholics post surgery. There really is no way to shrink loose skin. Toning the muscles underneath with strength training will help it look a bit better but if it really bothers you start saving pennies for plastic surgery now. Some swear by creams,which help improve the condition of the skin so may help the appearance some,but if your body has grown more skin the cream won't make it go away. I can't afford plastics,am 55 years old and married so unless I get a windfall I will just live with it.

MariMoms
on 12/27/14 1:07 am

Thanks your advise really was helpful.

GodsChildII
on 12/27/14 2:06 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

I had a 1/2 glass of wine for my birthday and I was fine. I nursed the 1/2 glass of wine throughout the entire night  Just to be on the save side it is probably a good idea to run it by your surgeon. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 315 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 315 views