Exercise

joshie2645
on 12/28/14 6:44 am - Springdale, AR

so I've been exercising a lot lately. More then I didn before my surgery. So my question is: is there such a thing as to much exercise?

JenniPenny
on 12/28/14 7:15 am - MN

Exercising after surgery is great. Moderate exercise many times a week will help in weight loss, skin toning and overall health. Working out too much is something many post ops find themselves doing. Those that were OCD about food before surgery can become obsessed with exercise after surgery. It doesn't matter what the addiction is, there's a chance of transference. Working out 3 days a week and doing cardio, weights or exercise machines is great - going to the gym and pushing yourself 7 days a week because you "have to" is a bit excessive and can lead to injuries and pain. There's too much exercise when it's no longer good for you, when it's obsessive and when people exercise even when told not to due to an injury. Exercising within your program, with your health and weight loss goal in mind is fine.

Jen 14 yrs post op RNY

dragonlove
on 12/29/14 1:48 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Yes, what Jen said.....  Of course you can exercise more than before your surgery....  That was probably one of the goals!  

Basically, don't hurt yourself.  Soreness from muscles which aren't used to exercising is normal when you are getting going.... soreness because you pulled something is NOT normal.  

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 399 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 112 views