What's on your Menu today RNYers? Tuesday

hl1524
on 12/29/14 9:11 pm - Austin, TX

Good morning!  I'm able to sneak in a little time before work and thought I would get this daily thread started.  

Time since surgery:  Less than 4 months

B: premier protein shake & cheese stick

L: I think I'm going to pick up a piece of fish at the store today

D: Meatballs

V/W: started

E: 30minutes of cardio

RNY 8/27/2014

karenp8
on 12/29/14 10:11 pm - Brighton, IL

Thanks for getting us started this morning! It's a bitterly cold day here in Illinois today. Yesterday was a bummer of a day. Took my dog Lily to the vet and found out she has bruised her left hind leg in her fall from my treadmill. No walks at the park for us for about 10 days,so that means I am stuck on my treadmill which bores me to tears. No major damage though so that is great. Also found out I will be having surgery on two of the toes on my left foot sometime fairly soon. I had major repairs done to my heels and hammertoes on both feet last year and now the tendons are becoming rigid in two of them and pulling the toes way to the left. Its got to be fixed but still not looking forward to limited mobility and wires in my toes for 2 to 3 weeks. Even though yesterday was a bummer I got all my exercise in and stayed true to my food plan so that was great! Before surgery I would have stuffed myself til I was sick. Post op 28 months and weight at 121 today. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Exercise plan an hour on the treadmill with at least 4 miles and 25 minutes on the bike too. I can do this even without Lily my exercise buddy!  Here's the planned food:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 1/2 c chicken salad and 1/2 c green beans S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz brat patty 1/2 c green beans S Greek yogurt with nuts. Hope everyone has an amazing day full of good choices!

AngryViking
on 12/29/14 10:28 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  Karen, that's good news about Lily but what a bummer about the looming surgery.  Hopefully there'll be no more 'toe adjustments' after this one!

B:  coffee and Friendship Fit to Go cottage cheese with 2 TB Polaner SF + Fiber apricot jam

S:  celery and a laughing cow wedge

L:  Healthy Choice Beef Strips Portabella.  I hate having this **** for lunch, but it's in the freezer here at work and I won't have to go out and forage for something at lunchtime.  It's cold here!

D:  Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger with some sharp cheddar on top

I might add a snack in here somewhere if I feel hungry...

TOTALS:  Cals:  810  Protein:  71  Carbs:  68  Fat:  31

Berryhoosier
on 12/29/14 11:53 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Time since surgery: 14 days 😄

Good morning.  I'm going to walk with a friend today. This is my first official exercise except for laps around the house! She's a marathon runner, so she'll have to slow way down! What a sweet friend though. I have no idea how long I'll be able to walk. In general I feel like I have a decent bit of energy, but when it's gone.... It's GONE!

B: part of a scrambled egg and 1/4 weight control oatmeal

S1: carnation breakfast essentials shake

L: tuna salad

S2: greek yogurt

D: lentil soup

S3: chicken salad

protein: 71g. Cal: 669

AnnyBananny
on 12/30/14 12:18 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hi girls! I've been completely and totally MIA from OH since before Christmas - being off work totally threw off my game and I just...well, whatever!

I hope everyone had a really great holiday. I had a great time with family and friends - lots of baking and cooking, cleaning, exercising, gifting, quality time, movie watching, knitting, and more! I'm still off work - in fact I was off all last week and I'm only working Friday this week - how lovely.

Y'all are great for suggestions - so here's the scenario - Mr. Ikea and I are going to spend NYE together - but we have no actual plan at this time. Neither of us want to go out out. Any suggestions? 

Time since surgery: 9+ months

B: Coffee with cream, overnight oats (I just noticed it's after 11am and I still haven't had this...oops)

L: Buffalo chicken salad with celery and Fiber Gourmet Crackers

S: Turkey pepperoni and Babybel Light

D: Bacon, Onion mini meatloaf and fruit

S: Skinnypop and Dole Dippers

TOTALS: Calories 894, Protein 78, Carbs 88, Fat 34

V/W: started

E: did an hour in the pool this morning (hence breakfast being sooooo late)

Glad to be back y'all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AngryViking
on 12/30/14 12:49 am, edited 12/30/14 12:55 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I like the movie marathon idea.  We do a lot of board games at my house on NYE; Yahtzee and Scrabble mostly but my kid got Clue and Ticket to Ride for Christmas so I'm sure those will make an appearance.  And for the last couple of years, we've had a dance off.  Just Dance on the Wii is super fun and since my husband is rhythm "challenged" it's also super hilarious.

I'm not sure if those things are fun just in my little family, but we have a good time.  LOL

Dodgergirl27
on 12/30/14 12:29 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone,

Karen, I'm happy to hear Lily is ok, sorry to hear about your surgery!  Hopefully you will heal quickly.  I got some bad news last week, I have drop foot.  The last month or so I haven't been able to move my left foot up, so I finally went to a Dr. and long story short, the diagnosis was that sometimes when ppl lose a ton of weight, there nerves are exposed (they were previously surrounded by fat and new caps don't form in time with the weight loss).  So my nerves are damaged and I can't fully move my left foot anymore.  It could go away or it could be permanent, only time will tell (and more testing, which I'm in the process of setting up).  It was a bummer.  That said, I was thinking about it over the holiday, even if it's permanent, I would still get this surgery in a heart beat.  Who needs the ability to jump (that's the main thing I can't do and I walk with a very slight limp now). 

Anny, I have no real good ideas.  My NYE plans are always either a party or sitting at home and falling asleep long before midnight.  I never really have an in between go to.  Maybe something like a movie marathon?  Like best movies of 2014 or something along those lines?  Ppl love to do best of list this time of year, maybe create a theme along those lines?

Time since surgery:  11 months, 1 wk

B - Greek Yogurt w/ chia, hemp, and flax seeds

L - Turkey carnitas with bell pepper, cucumber and this new greek yogurt guacamole I found (and love)

D - Prob. the same as lunch or left over meatballs

W/V - On track

E - I think I'm feeling the Versa Climber tonight

Have a great day everyone!

AngryViking
on 12/30/14 12:51 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Wow, I've never heard of that!  That really sucks and I hope it resolves itself.   Your positive attitude is so great!

Dodgergirl27
on 12/30/14 12:56 am
RNY on 01/22/14

I'd never heard of it either ****il last week, lol).  I guess it's super super rare, but it does happen.  I have a history of ankle injuries and my Dr. thinks that with the weight loss just set my nerves off (or rather fried them)....luckily it's not a huge thing.  I can move my ankle down, but just have 0 ability to move it up.  It is strange, and I'm just hoping they slowly recover....only time will tell I guess :)

Gypsyqueen5
on 12/30/14 12:58 am - Seattle, WA

Good morning and Happy almost New Year!  I am 7 days away from my 1 year surgerversary . Will post a few pics  on the day.

B-oatmeal with blueberries ,1 Babybell

S Cottage cheese

L Salmon salad  (I made)

S Light and Fit Blueberry Greek yogurt

D Turkey Leg, broccoli

Vitamins in. I drink water all day and night.

E 20 min resistant band workout. Hopefully a walk.

SeattleSeagirl

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views