Will My Snoring Stop Post RNY- Please share your experience!!

Zonechef
on 12/29/14 8:18 am, edited 12/29/14 8:19 am
RNY on 12/03/14

Hi all, I have always had a terrible snoring problem- So I have been told...and told...and  told. I have had my nostrils pinched in the middle of the night- to trigger some sort of stop snoring response I guess, yelled at, told to sleep on the couch, etc. etc. That was just from my first wife. I am remarried as of this past January and I have read that many are cured (or snoring is greatly reduced) especially if they suffered from sleep apnea-I was not officially tested but was told during overnight heart monitoring a few years back that the monitor showed that I did have it. Any feedback especially with personal experience would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to end up like the guy below!! Posted in: Crime Posted: October 7, 2013

Arkansas Woman Attempts To Kill Snoring Husband With Butcher’s Knife: ‘He Kept Me Awake’

husband snoring

An Arkansas woman has been charged with attempted first degree murder because she was so incensed by her husband’s persistent snoring that she repeatedly stabbed him with a butcher’s knife as he slept.

Dawn Weiser, 44, of Springdale, pleaded not guilty in court on Wednesday, in spite of leaving her husband with a punctured spleen, lacerated liver and three other stab wounds.

Just prior to the attack, she was sleeping in a spare room with her one of her two children. This followed an argument about snoring that had taken place earlier in the evening with her 43-year-old husband, Doug Weiser.

The allegation is that she crept back into the bedroom in the early hours of the morning and began stabbing her husband with a butcher’s knife. He awoke, immediately took the knife from her, and then called the police.

Her explanation to the police was that she was awakened by a loud noise during the night, and walked in to find her husband with stab wounds. She insisted that an intruder was responsible for the stabbing, despite her husband saying that it was her.

Police Investigators say Dawn eventually confessed to stabbing her husband and hiding the knife She told police she simply couldn’t stand being kept awake any longer. She was so angry at her husband’s snoring that it became a fixation for her, and she even wrote about it on social media.

The Salty Hag
on 12/29/14 8:24 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I snored horribly when I was MO. My hubby has always worn ear plugs, but even with them in, I'd wake him up. I stopped snoring once the weight started dropping off. I rarely snore at all he says, but if I do...it's not the "Oh crap the walls are falling down!!" snores of days past. 

I didn't have sleep apnea, but I'm pretty sure I was headed in that direction. Yay for RNY! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Qajohn
on 12/29/14 8:54 am - Woodbury, MN
RNY on 01/16/14

I stopped. I don't think I had sleep apnea either, but  know that I could raise the roof with my snoring. From time to time my wife would have to sleep in another room becasue I would snore so loudly. She didn't accept my premise that my snoring should be soothing.

I can even sleep on my back now, whcih I absolutely could not do before surgery. This is important because I was never able to sleep on an overseas flight. I'm anxious to go overseas sometime this year to see if sleeping is possible on a long haul plane ride. 

TomN
on 12/29/14 8:57 am
RNY on 12/27/12 with

My wife was surprised when I arrived home and the snoring was gone...sleep like a baby even two years out!  

selhard
on 12/29/14 10:28 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

In the past, my DH complained my "raise-the-dead" snoring kept him awake.  Now, he says I keep him awake because it's so quiet, he has to check to see if I'm breathing or not. 

Poodlemac
on 12/29/14 10:34 am
RNY on 09/26/14

Don't know if the snoring has stopped completely, as I am single, but I do know I don't wake myself up with it any more. Praise God!! I was so miserable before. I never slept well as I did have moderate to severe apnea and felt like I was awake more than asleep at night. I sleep like a baby now!

Jessie W.
on 12/29/14 11:18 am

My husband said my snoring is nil. And even better, I sleep through the night and wake up so restful.

chulbert
on 12/29/14 11:36 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

There are many causes of snoring.  Weight loss will absolutely improve your snoring - probably eliminate it - but it's not guaranteed.

Raze
on 12/29/14 11:40 pm

my snoring stopped, i am told. i suppose i still snore a bit, however. but not enough to be told about it. it used to be loud as a train. 

56sunShine14
on 12/30/14 12:07 am

I have been told I snore for years, which is embarrassing for a woman to admit.  As one of my pre-op requirements, I had a sleep test and found that I actually stopped breathing on average of 56 times per hour!  I am now on a CPAP and although I hate wearing the mask, have found that when I try to fall asleep without it, that miniscule fear of death makes me put it on anyway.

Women of menopause age - my nightsweats COMPLETELY stopped as soon as I started the CPAP, three months ago!  It's possible that I was dumping my blood pressure when the breathing stopped and since I stopped so many times an hour, the sweats were bad.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 205 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views