What to pack

epre361706
on 1/4/15 4:54 am
RNY on 01/09/15

Count down....5 more days. I know I saw a list here of what to pack but cant find it now. What did everyone take to wear while walking around?  Sweats, pjs,ect

poet_kelly
on 1/4/15 5:15 am - OH

I just wore the hospital gown and put a second gown on backwards.  Take PJ's if you think you'll feel much better wearing your own but be warned.  Your incision may leak on them, you will probably have a catheter in at first, etc.  The gown is easier.

Take a tooth brush, lip balm, hair brush and anything you think will make you a lot more comfortable, but don't take a lot.  They will have just about anything you need.  I just wanted my own tooth brush, not a hospital tooth brush. LOL  Don't take a lot of stuff to do because you will mostly be sleeping.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

mobailey68
on 1/4/15 5:30 am
RNY on 02/24/14

The only thing I really used that I took with me was a pillow to protect my belly on the car ride home. Other than that was my toothbrush. They provided everything. I wish you the best!

HW:332 (12/17/13) SW:282 (2/24/14) GW:132 CW:164 (12/19/14) TWL:168

mschwab
on 1/4/15 5:49 am
RNY on 11/21/14

The only thing I used that I took was my pillow, brush and tooth brush. I did not use the robe or gown I brought. Between the catheter (first day) and the IV lines, it was easier just to use the gown the provided. I also did not use my iPad. I couldn't focus on it because of the after effects of the anesthesia.  Time passed pretty quickly, so I didn 't need much.  Quick healing to you!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Poodlemac
on 1/4/15 5:57 am
RNY on 09/26/14

Bring lip balm and ear plugs. That's about all you might need!

Grim_Traveller
on 1/4/15 6:03 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Phone, charger, toothbrush. Wear loose, comfortable clothes, and wear the same clothes home.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

JAMStribe
on 1/4/15 6:03 am

I Slept 99% of the time I was there unless I was walking.  Lip balm or something like that is essential. Your mouth will be super dry and you cannot have anything to eat or drink till after the leak test.  which for me was the next day. Pillow and big comfy clothes to go home in and your phone charger.

That is really all you need. 

Now make sure you have what you need for when you come home.  Water, SF popsicles, SF gatorade or powerade etc. 

cspotrun
on 1/4/15 6:46 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Let me preface this by admitting that I "desperately overpack" for everything, according to my daughter.  With that said, I was glad I had the following things, and my husband didn't mind lugging them for me:

My own pillow and blanket

yoga pants and t-shirt

underwear

lip balm

ear plugs

socks

hair brush

toothbrush

mouthwash

iphone

ipad

headphones

cleansing wipes

I had a catheter in my entire stay and was still happy to have my yoga pants and t-shirt instead of a hospital gown.  But many people are fine with the gown!

Best of luck to you!

Karen   

kayleystar
on 1/4/15 7:53 am, edited 1/4/15 7:53 am
RNY on 01/06/15

I just packed my bag today...

Mouthwash
Toothbrush/Toothpaste
Shampoo (just in case I get a chance to wash my hair)
Hair Ties
Headphones
Chapstick
Pillow & Blanket for ride home (I'm 3 hours from the hospital)
Shoes for the hospital
Comfortable clothes for the drive home
A couple of books
Phone charger
Slipper socks (my feet get very cold)

Highest Weight: 412 | Day of Surgery: 385 | Current: 341
Surgery Date: 1/6/2015 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/4/15 8:05 am - OH

Unless you're going to be in the hospital for a couple of days, you won't have the time, interest, or clear enough head to read... And certainly not multiple books.

Rather than taking an extra pair of clothes, most people just wear TO the hospital the comfortable clothes that they want wear when they come home (and then at most take a fresh pair of underwear).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 566 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 350 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 457 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 88 views
Recent Topics