What's on your menu today, RNYers? Holidays are over! Vacation pics inside :)

Dcgirl
on 1/1/15 9:08 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi RNY friends,

Happy new year!  I hope you all had wonderful holidays with your family and friends.  I meant to check the post while I was in Tunisia for 10 days but we didn't have lots of access to wifi and I was enjoying the hell out of the trip so I sort of checked out!  I did post each day in MyFitnessPal, and let's just say that I was enjoying all that Tunisia has to offer (couscous, french croissants, baklava, this amazing thing called a gazelle's horn that involves a lot of honey) but I also made sure to eat a lot of chicken and I kept calories under 2,000 everyday.  And thankfully I was the same weight when I got home than when I left.

The trip was INCREDIBLE.  Magical, really.  Tunisia is gorgeous and the people couldn't be more hospitable.  We went on a trek in the Sahara, which was definitely a highlight of my life!  I couldn't have done this trip at 350 lbs so every day in Tunisia was a direct result of my surgery.

I have put some pics below from the trip.  SUCH FUN!

On to my (thank god) normal menu now that I am home!  Dinner is TBD because I am doing dinner with a guy I am dating.  Yep, I have met a phenomenally sweet man who seems to love me despite the fact that I need boobs and an LBL like YESTERDAY!  I am exceedingly happy!

Time Since Surgery: 12.5 months.  Weight today is inexplicably 154.3 which is 9.3 lbs away from a "normal" BMI

B: Coffee with fat free cream, leftover crab and cheese and onion and spinach and egg beaters frittata

S: Chike protein shake before gym at lunch

L: 2 Amylu Costco chicken sausage (my absolute favorite chicken sausages in the world)

S: a Light and Fit SALTED CARAMEL yogurt (special edition flavor and I cannot wait to try it!), maybe Skinny Pop

D: Might be falafel

Totals without dinner are 900 calories, 90 g protein, 40 g carbs

I missed you all and can't wait to hear your updates!  Cheers to a really fantastic new year!

Em

AnnyBananny
on 1/1/15 9:25 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Your jet setting ways make me jels all the time, Em! 

I, too, sort of checked out over the holidays...but I peeked onto OH two or three times and saw the menu post was alive and well! 

Hit the gym this morning and I was excited to see that I think many of the "New Year's Resolutionist" are waiting until Monday to get started - it was less busy than usual at 6:30am! I am a bit jealous of anyone who isn't going to work today, but then again, I have been off for the last 12ish days so I can't complain too much...

Time since surgery: 9+ months

B: Coffee with creamer, Overnight Oats

S: deli ham, a Babybel Light, maybe more coffee with creamer!

L: buffalo chicken salad with celery and Fiber Gourmet thinables

S: Power Crunch!

D: Salsa Chicken and veggies

TOTALS: Calories 829, Protein 89, Carbs 62, Fat 32

V/W: started

E: elliptical

Calories are low today, I'm sure I'll have an evening snack - though I'm headed to my parents' after work, so we'll see what that might be!

PS Em, if he let a little skin come between him and a freaking awesome chick like you...he'd be STUPID!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dcgirl
on 1/1/15 9:30 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ummmm it's way more than a little skin!  I could probably make my goal of 145 if I had the skin removed right now lol.

Look how close to goal you are!!!!!!!!!!

Funny enough I have a browser open on my phone with the buffalo chicken slow cooker recipe from forever ago.  I still plan on making it at some point!

carimiller9173
on 1/1/15 10:35 pm - Wilmington, DE

Anny, good morning.  Where did you find a healthy buffalo chicken salad recipe.  I've tried bariatric foodie and eggface, but didn't see one.  Please share.

Thanks!!
Carrie

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

AnnyBananny
on 1/1/15 11:03 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey Carrie, it's a recipe a friend gave me ages ago - I don't know where it came from.

1 big can of chicken, drained (which grosses me out every time I open it, but I figure it isn't any different than tuna in a can, right?)

1/4 cup plain greek yogurt

2 T of cream cheese (I used fat free)

3 or 4 T of hot sauce, I like Frank's

some crumbled blue cheese if you have it/like it - I think it definitely is best with the blue cheese, but I never have it on hand so I don't use it.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

carimiller9173
on 1/1/15 11:23 pm - Wilmington, DE

Anny,

Thank you so much, it SOUNDS DELISH......

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

SkinnyScientist
on 1/8/15 2:20 pm

Thank you for postingthis. I am running out for incredients now!

Yum!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

AngryViking
on 1/1/15 9:31 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  Em, those pictures are amazing!  What a wonderful opportunity to travel to a place like that.  I can't say my holiday season was as exciting; Syracuse just doesn't compare.  LOL  I was happy (for the most part) with the food choices I made but I have not lost any weight in a month and I am going insane.  LOL  I am tweaking and changing things up food and exercise-wise but so far, nothing.  I'm just going to keep chugging along, because what else is there to do?

B:  coffee and Light & Fit Greek SALTED CARAMEL.  Ha!  Em, I was so excited to see this new flavor I almost danced in the aisle at Walmart.  It's the little things.  And have I mentioned how amazing the Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce k-cups are?  No?  Well, they are!

S:  ham salad with celery to dip

L:  hashbrown casserole with eggs and turkey sausage

D:  Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burger with a over easy egg on top and a Babybel Light

TOTALS:  Cals: 890  Protein: 71  Carbs: 49   Fat: 47

Dcgirl
on 1/1/15 9:41 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I went to college in Ithaca and we used to live for outings to Syracuse to go to Carousel Mall :)

I am glad you enjoyed your holiday and I am sorry to hear about the stall.  That is SOOO frustrating.  I never had any long stalls on my journey.  You seem to eat right on track calorie and protein and carb wise.  Does your surgeon have a nutritionist?  Though frankly I often find they don't know much.  I came home at the same weight as when I left, and then lost 5 lbs.  So who freaking knows.

I am SO excited to try the salted caramel!  If it is good I am buying like 100 of them and writing letters to Dannon to keep the flavor permanently!!!

AngryViking
on 1/1/15 9:46 pm, edited 1/1/15 9:47 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

The mall is called Destiny USA now.  LMAO  There's like hundreds of new stores and restaurants.  It's sooooo gigantic now that I have legit gotten lost trying to get out of there.  I need to leave a trail of breadcrumbs or something next time.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 99 views
Recent Topics