How much to eat... 2 weeks out.

chelle7964
on 1/4/15 6:31 am - mcclure, IL
RNY on 12/16/14

So my paperwork from the Dr States that I may only manage 1-2 tablespoons at a time.  This isn't a problem.... I don't feel much restriction yet.  My question is,  how many meals per day at 2 TBS?  I always have a protein shake with 30g of protein to make sure I'm getting enough.  I also get in plenty of liquids each day.  I'm 2.5 weeks out and have been stalled for a week.  I dropped a lot in the beginning so that's probably why I'm stalling a bit early.  Anyway,  I don't want to overdo IT on calories and prevent myself from losing.  Any suggestions?  

RNY 12/16/14; HW 297; SW 276.1; CW 250

Deana_
on 1/4/15 6:46 am

Three times a day I am aloud 1.5 ounces protein and 1 ounce fiber food such as veggie or fruit. The rest I have to have a protein shake. I'm supposed to get three servings of dairy. I'm two weeks out tomorrow and my weight hasn't moved in days 

chelle7964
on 1/4/15 7:33 am - mcclure, IL
RNY on 12/16/14

Thanks for responding!  That's probably close to what I'm getting...I've had two cups of skim milk today and I keep thinking about all those carbs!!!!  I LOVE milk!!!! 

Deana_
on 1/4/15 7:43 am

I love milk as well. Yesterday we were out and about and my family wanted Starbucks so I ordered a grande skim milk lol. I added cinnamon! It was a good treat and I was getting my fluids in.

perhaps if you find yourself hungry maybe u can add a baby bel light cheese for some protein? 

jaxie77
on 1/4/15 8:13 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey Chelle ! Hope you're doing well and feeling good ! About your question , it depends what I'm eating .....I'm on pureed phave now  , but I'm also allowed to eat soft fish and wet scrambled egg . So for example , I usually have my coffee with some of my premier protien shake in it , and then sip on my shake as I find I have no appetite at all in the morning . Then I'll have a silhouette greek yoghurt , it's a small cup 100 grams , but I can eat it all over about 20 mins . For lunch today I made up half a tin of tuna drained and added a teaspoon of mayo . All in that was 60 grams of tuna ...maybe 2.5 tbsp ? But I really struggled with it , after 2 small bites I had to leave it as I felt stuffed and that kind of pain feeling ? So I left it and went back and finished it later . Then for dinner , I've just scrambled an egg with little bit of milk , really soft , grated 15 grams of light old cheddar over it and a tbsp of blended salsa . I took my time but I could eat that all . So it really depends on the food I think . Tonight I will have either another shake or a sugar free pudding . I'm only at 58 grams of protien so far though so I may have to have the shake. 

I'm finding the last couple of days hard when it comes to appetite,  I've no interest ..but I feel fine ! Very strange . 

Everything else ok with you lovey ? 

How's the weight loss going ? 

Jax x

chelle7964
on 1/4/15 10:20 am - mcclure, IL
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey Jax!  Good to hear from you.  I'm doing well,  feeling normal.  I still don't feel much restriction and I get hungry.  I'm hoping I start to feel some restriction soon!  I've tried various foods and everything seems to go down easily.  I lost 20 pounds right off the bat so now I've been stalled for a week! I think my calorie intake has gotten to be too much... Will adjust tomorrow. Talk to you soon,  Jax! 

jaxie77
on 1/4/15 10:20 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Yeah , i went through a little stage like that , over about a week ! I felt hungry and thought I could eat anything , I didn't but I felt I had no restriction.  I stuck to the plan but felt I could have eaten more . Maybe a few times I had more soup than I should have , like almost a full cup or whatever . I never pushed it though . But then it just changed , and now my appetite is gone . And I do feel the restriction with most things . It's like I'm all of a sudden very aware of my ' pouch'. As I've saw so many people write about . I can feel things going in there , and I know when it's too much or doesn't agree. All very strange . 

The weight loss for me , kind of goes like this ....I stay the same for like 3 / 4 days , then 5th day I'm down 3 or 4 !!!! Crazy ! I've lost 44 lbs all in since first day of Opti . 18 since actual surgery . 

Well done on your loss also :) 

I was gonna say , if your worried about the calories , have you checked out MY Fitness pal?  I find it just so perfect for this . It calculates everything and makes life so much easier . I'm not overly concerned about my calorie intake right now , I'm struggling to make 600 calories a day ! But it's major help when it comes to counting out your protien and carb intake. If you've not already , check it out and look me up on it . My username is Jaxiebeans ! ( don't laugh !)  It's a great tool to help stay accountable . 

Anyway , hope you are well sweets x 

Jax x

sandy M.
on 1/4/15 11:23 pm - guthrie, KY

I am five years post open would you please refresh my memory of the stages and what is involved in each. My sister is going to have the surgery and I want to help her. Please be as specific as possible.  Thank you

looking forward to what the future holds...
sandy m.
                        hw-330 sw-320 cw-210gw-159

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?