Pure Protein Banana Cream

Browneyedgirl33
on 1/11/15 12:08 am

I love this new shake I bought.  35 g protein 1 g carb.  It doesn't have the gritty taste and taste thin and smooth.  I was reading the back of it and it doesn't say whey protein.  Does that make a difference or is 35g protein 35g protein no matter what.  Just trying to make sure that it tasting good is normal lol because none of them have tasted good to me so far. 

Also I do mostly protein shakes to get my protein in.  Is this good or bad? At what point should you limit it to only one shake a day.

I am 8 weeks out....

Thanks

STB
on 1/11/15 12:22 am
RNY on 07/21/14

I still do protein shakes and I am 5 months post op. I expect I will always do one a day as I don't see how else to meet the protein requirement. I can't have soy as my nutritionist told me that would inhibit the absorption of my thyroid med (but then, another nutritionist said she had never heard that) so I stick with whey with to be sure. I don't know if whey or soy matters as long as you tolerate it and you like it. I mix my protein powder with Greek yogur****er, truvia and ice and blend it every morning as breakfast (about 38 grams of protein) to start my day off in the right mind set.  

SHARON  

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/15 1:23 am

I am over a year out. I make myself a shake in the morning. Or put protein powder in my sugar-free cocoa. I was starting to not eat breakfast and I have a 40 minute drive to work so I figured it would be a way to get my liquids and and some protein. At night time I may have one before I go to bed if my protein is low. That is rare though.

It depends on your plan. I was trying to get most of my protein from food. It all depends on your doctor.

Chilipepper
on 1/11/15 1:36 am

It does make a difference. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Browneyedgirl33
on 1/11/15 1:42 am

Can you please explain ? Thanks

Chilipepper
on 1/11/15 9:14 am

We absorb and get the best benefit out of 100% pure whey. You will see on a lot of the lower priced protiens they list collegen protien and blends.  They are a waste of time and money for us. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Maria27
on 1/11/15 2:18 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Not all proteins are complete proteins, so the source is important. Even some protein powders that claim they are complete are not recommended after surgery. This website has more information: http://asmbs.org/resources/integrated-health-nutritional-guidelines

nicupnorth
on 1/11/15 7:49 am - Eagle river, WI

My doctor said nothing but whey protein isolet.

Kathyjs
on 1/11/15 9:41 am

Follow the plan your surgeon sets for you. Mine didn't want me having any shakes. Each is so different

Needanewbeginning
on 1/11/15 2:01 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Whey isolate is the only protein my centre approves for post ops. Apparently, we dont absorb any other protein source.

Annette 😁

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 5 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics