Pain in my right side under rib!!! Scared

SReyes71
on 1/11/15 12:41 pm

My Dr told me if I experience pain on my right side that it is my gallbladder and he will have to remove it... I had my surgery (RNY) on April 22, 2014. I am 41 pounds from my goal weight... I stopped taking the actigal (gallbladder prevention due to rapid weightloss) 2.5 months after my surgery because of the side effects... I am on a almost 100% organic diet... The pain just started tonight and is increasing.... I don't want to over react and go to the ER and then they just send me home.... I am a big baby so if the pain gets any worse then I will go to the ER... Anyone else have this problem?

dorisgarcia
on 1/11/15 1:47 pm - Modesto, CA

I have been in out of ER for the past seven months. I have the same pain it goes to my back. Sometimes nausea and thr runs

SReyes71
on 1/11/15 1:50 pm

They haven't told what it could be? 

dorisgarcia
on 1/11/15 1:54 pm - Modesto, CA

In October they did a laparoscopic and found a hernia. Last two weeks they found that I have a ulcer. Now in a few weeks a reversal of gastric.  Pain kills me

SReyes71
on 1/11/15 2:04 pm

You are reversing the RNY?

selhard
on 1/11/15 10:10 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

...not as scary as letting the gallbladder problems get so bad infection sets in.  Friendly warning: I let my issues go so long (common in MO people) my gallbladder not only was infected, it had adhered to my liver.  I was in the hospital an entire week receiving IV antibiotics to clear the infection before surgery could be done that involved removing part of my liver to get the gallbladder out.  Please don't consider yourself over-reacting and seek help sooner than later.

The Salty Hag
on 1/11/15 10:41 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

You need to see your surgeon. You need to know for sure what us causing the pain. 

I was 3 months out when I started experiencing pain under my ribs on the right side. The pain started off as a slight twinge, but within 15-20 minutes, I could barely breathe or move because the pain was so awful. That is the first time in my life that physical pain really and truly scared me. I ended up at the ER, had blood taken, had an ultrasound, and sure enough...my gallbladder was the cause of that pain. My surgeon's associate did my gallbladder removal surgery a few weeks after my initial bout of pain. I also had a hernia repaired at the same time. Other than a marginal ulcer ( another common complication ), I've had no more problems.  

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

hollykim
on 1/12/15 12:02 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 11, 2015 at 8:41 PM Pacific Time, SReyes71 wrote:

My Dr told me if I experience pain on my right side that it is my gallbladder and he will have to remove it... I had my surgery (RNY) on April 22, 2014. I am 41 pounds from my goal weight... I stopped taking the actigal (gallbladder prevention due to rapid weightloss) 2.5 months after my surgery because of the side effects... I am on a almost 100% organic diet... The pain just started tonight and is increasing.... I don't want to over react and go to the ER and then they just send me home.... I am a big baby so if the pain gets any worse then I will go to the ER... Anyone else have this problem?

looks tome from the first line of your post,that your surgeon has already give you instructions about this situation. 

Gallbladder surgery,for me,was no worse that the WLS. Gallbladder getting infected can be life threatening. Were I you,I would be on the phone ASAP tomy surgeon.

Chilipepper
on 1/12/15 1:25 am

Keep your bypass and remove your gallbladder

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Kathyjs
on 1/12/15 9:40 am

Yes, get your gallbladder out. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views