Vitamin Info

KnittingPoet
on 1/11/15 6:08 pm - Raleigh, NC

Good morning, all.

I've been a little off track lately and I'm trying to get back on schedule.  Does anyone have the vitamin dosage list they can share with me? I moved and a lot of my things are still packed up so I can't get my hands on my copy. 

poet_kelly
on 1/11/15 9:02 pm - OH

2 multis a day (adult multis with 100% of the RDA of stuff in it)

1500 mg calcium citrate (broken into three doses at least two hours apart)

iron (amount depends on your labs)

B12 (in sublingual, nasal spray or shots)

D3 (amount depends on your labs)

If you've been off track, I would definitely get a full set of labs done so you can see how much of things you need.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kim S.
on 1/12/15 4:16 am - Helena, AL

Yep!  What Kelly said.  Based on your labs you can add things that you need more of.  I have to add B Complex to get all I need.

KnittingPoet
on 1/12/15 5:20 am - Raleigh, NC

Thanks for the response!  I thought I'd forgotten something but this is what I found in some old notes.  Didn't trust since it wasn't the official papers they had given me.

I just met with my primary and was diagnosed as anemic so I know my iron will be increased.  

poet_kelly
on 1/12/15 5:28 am - OH

Your doc may recommend ferrous sulfate, but I would take carbonyl iron instead, so you won't get so constipated. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tv73841
on 7/2/15 5:07 am

I take only Vita4Life products because my surgeon recommended them and my results have been excellent. I’m 6 years post op with no deficiencies.

• Multivitamins for bariatric patients (I take the Multi-Standard formula)
  • Calcium (I prefer chelated calcium) taken three times per day (I take Vita4Life)
  • Sublingual B12 (Vita4Life) depends on your labs
  • Iron (again, I prefer chelated iron) depends on your labs
  • D3 (Cholecalciferol) depends on your labs

I agree with Kelly. You should definitely get your labs done to see where you stand so you can determine your dosages. Vita4Life has always been my bariatric supplement choice, and I really recommend you check them out.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views