What's on your menu Monday, RNYers?

mamata2
on 1/11/15 9:28 pm

I noticed Anny hasn't started a thread yet, so I'll start if that's OK.  Had a great weekend with family (although it went far too quickly).  I have been trying to up my protein and increase my workouts but nothing seems to be getting the scale to move.  Ugh... the scale is a fickle creature!  Also, I am planning for our trip to Jamaica in a coupe of weeks and I find I have no summer clothes (great problem to have) but there are also none out in stores right now.  Any ideas where I can find shorts and summer dresses?

Time since surgery: 6.5 months

B: SF Latte and Quest Bar

S:  EAS Carb Control shake after I worked out

L: Pepperoni, string cheese and crackers

S: String cheese

D:  Chicken thighs and quinoa

V/W: started

E:  3 mile run done!

My goal is to make it to the gym in the morning this week :)

Ocalasam
on 1/11/15 9:43 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Ebay is a great source for inexpensive, off season clothing.  Only problem is that you can't try things on.  If it's a brand you know and you are running pretty true to size, it could be an option!

mamata2
on 1/11/15 11:02 pm

I've been looking on eBay but I'm scared to pull the trigger because I have no idea how anything fits and I hate that I can't return it :(

Berryhoosier
on 1/11/15 10:07 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Good morning!  I like Land's End.  They have good sales and good quality.  Check out their on the counter and clearance. I had a big NSV this morning.  I went in for my 3 month diabetes check up and my a1c was 5.5.  AND I've been off my meds since surgery 4 weeks ago.  For those of you who don't speak a1c, 5.5 is in the normal range.  Also, when I walked in my doctor said, "Are you shrinking?"  YES!  Yes I am!

B: cheese, ham, 2 saltines, 1/2 banana

L: cheese, ham, grilled veggies, 1T pineapple

S1: carnation instant breakfast w milk

D: chicken thighs cooked in crockpot, sauteed onion, pepper, and mushroom, 1/8 c. hominy

S2: greek yogurt and fiber one cereal  (don't love this stuff but it keeps things moving)

Protein: 73   Calories: 787

Water and vitamins: started

Exercise: water aerobics

karenp8
on 1/11/15 10:35 pm - Brighton, IL

Congratulations on the great doctors visit. I always used to hate the doctor because the scale was always an issue. Now I don't mind the scale at all. My favorite comment by my cardiologist was made after seeing me for a yearly visit. I had lost 145 pounds and he said,"Where were you hiding that skinny lady?" I laughed all day over that!

mamata2
on 1/11/15 11:01 pm

I always forget about Lands End.  I will definitely have to check them out!

CONGRATS on the diabetes news!  That is awesome!

NYMom222
on 1/11/15 11:58 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I always have good success on the Macy's clearance racks, and you may find some off season stuff there. Try some clearance online too, more likely to find off season stuff, Target, JC Penney... and then you can still return to the store if it doesn't work.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Lady_bugg
on 1/12/15 3:06 am
RNY on 11/18/14

Congrats on the A1C!!  I go in for labs in early February which will be first A1C since surgery. can't wait to see the change. 

karenp8
on 1/11/15 10:23 pm - Brighton, IL

An icy day here in Illinois today so exercise will be 4 miles on the treadmill. I will also do level 3 of the 30 day shred dvd when I finish my coffee. I need coffee before I deal with Jillian. Post op 28.5 months and weight at 119.6 today. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Here's the food plan:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz leftover onion burger patty and half a cup green beans D 31/2 oz oven baked chicken breast and half a cup of sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt with nuts. Ate breakfast a bit late so probably only one snack today. Hope everybody has a great day full of wise choices!

mamata2
on 1/11/15 11:03 pm

Jillian scares me!  I totally understand why you need coffee to face her :)  Way to stick with it!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics