5 years post RNY-Newly Pregnant

Toobcherished
on 1/12/15 6:26 am, edited 1/12/15 6:29 am - Henrico, VA

The Pregnant boards on this site are kinda dead so I figured I would post here.  Is there anyone here that has been as far out as me and gotten pregnant for the first time post RnY?  I know what my two pregnancies were like before surgery.  Now,   This is a shock and I wasn't actively trying so now I am trying to play catch up..

Back in November of 2009 I had RNY.  I went on to lost over 125lbs  and went down from a size 24 to a size 10/12 with the occasional 15pound regain every other year or so when I wasn't being diligent. Thankfully I have been able to re-lose anything that I gained once I sat my mind to it.

I can eat pretty much normally now with the exception of limiting my intake of sugar due to reactive hypoglycemia.  I  have had huge issues with Iron but wanted to know your experience post RNY and if it was different from your pregnancies prior to weight loss.  Any advice on what I should be looking out for? 

What can I do to limit the amount of weight I gain.  I don't mind picking up 20lbs but do not want this to get out of control.  For those who were successful at that I would love you to chime in!

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

Pokemom
on 1/12/15 9:16 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

I cannot comment on the pregnancy question.  But I really love the scripture in your signature.  Best to you with your pregnancy. 

Toobcherished
on 1/13/15 2:48 am - Henrico, VA

😉. Thank you I love it too.  In fact I am the embodiment of that scripture!

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 476 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 376 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 104 views