A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!!

carimiller9173
on 1/12/15 9:59 pm - Wilmington, DE

I just wanted to extend a huge THANK YOU to everyone who post and contributes daily.  I, personally, get so much out of everything every one talks about.  I have a notebook filled with info and tip and tricks to get me through. 

I am so nervous about the surgery... but my therapist (she's been my therapist for almost 12 years now) says I am worrying about the weight loss and the new found attention I may receive from both men and women and finding that people become nicer/friendlier as I lose the weight.  Something I am not use to, but am conciously working on accepting that.

Carrie

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

sqlchick19
on 1/12/15 11:29 pm, edited 1/12/15 11:30 pm
RNY on 12/15/14

This is such a great group, isn't it?  

For me...as the date approached and I started freaking out...I'd focus on little things that I knew would get easier.  I'd walk up the stairs, feel my sore knees...and say soon...I'll be able to walk up the stairs more easily;  I'd go out to dinner with my family and request a table because I'd be afraid I wouldn't fit comfortably in a booth...and I'd think...soon I'll be able to sit wherever they sit me.  I'd go shoe shopping and be huffing and puffing trying to bend over to get shoes on my feet and buckle/zip/tie them...and I'd think soon I'll be able to cross my legs and shoe shopping will be fun.  

I had a stall a couple of weeks ago and started feeling sad...because I started focusing on the loss.  I'm in a much better place now...because I remembered I needed to focus on what I'm gaining.  (5 weeks and my wedding ring fits!!!!).

Maybe focusing on the gains will help you not feel freaked out too?

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

carimiller9173
on 1/12/15 11:32 pm - Wilmington, DE

Thank you for the idea.  That's something I can work on right now.  Little things I will gain back as I lose my weight.

Carrie

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 254 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views