After surgery blues

mollysadventure
on 1/13/15 4:49 am - WA
RNY on 06/26/12

I had RNY June 2012

I weighed in at 292 and now weigh 162. I haven't been able to really get below this, and at only 5'4" it really feels still sooo overweight to ME. And, I also have horrible extra skin. I have about 8 inches hanging from each of my arms. And then my tummy and back, plus butt and thighs. ITS SOO GROSS. I hate the way I look. I know I should be feeling good, and happy about my weight loss, but at this point I am just not. Anyone experiencing this also. I know this is personal, but I don't even like having sex with my hubby anymore, because I am too grossed out about flapping skin everywhere. I am on the verge of tears everytime I see myself in the mirror. Still can't wear cute clothes cause of it, and def don't feel better about myself. Maybe I am just having a pity party over here, but I am just reaching out to see if anyone has experienced this as well :( 

poet_kelly
on 1/13/15 8:59 am - OH

I'm 5'4" and weigh about 150 lbs.  I was down to nearly 120 at one point but gained some back.  My weight has been pretty stable for a while now, though, and I am OK where I am now.

I don't think 162 is very overweight for our height.  Technically, it's slightly overweight, but it's not bad.  I don't think your feelings about your body have a lot to do with how your body really looks or what you really weigh, if that makes sense. 

Have you seen a therapist?  I'd recommend doing that.  Having excess skin removed is an option, but that won't necessarily change how you feel about yourself or having sex with your husband.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

NoDaybut2Day
on 1/13/15 10:46 am - CA
RNY on 07/03/14

I know what you mean.  I'm 5'3.5".  My highest weight (that I saw) was 308lbs.  I had tons of stretch marks all over me when I had surgery and at 167lbs the skins is buckling bad.  I don't wear short sleeves anymore and have rolls of skin in places I wasn't expecting.  Yesterday, I leaned over to pick something up while I was naked and the sight was so shocking it made me laugh.  I just thought oh well, everyone else thinks I look fantastic!  I don't have a ton of money for plastics so I may never be able to get them but I'm still gonna rock what I got.  If I can't wear short sleeves and look good, I'll wear lightweight long sleeves in summer.  No matter what, I'm better off than I was before.  I was worried about what my boyfriend was thinking when my skin started to look bad but he assured me it's the experience with ME that he enjoys.  It's not my skin he's there for!  I had to trust what he was telling me AND his behavior supports what he is saying.  I'm going with it.  I can never go back to 12 years old and stop myself from damaging my skin but I am in control of how I take this opportunity to turn my life around and live as fully as possible for the first time. I'm taking it!!

HW: 308,  CW: 261,  SW: 240,  Now: 135.8  M1: -23.4  M2: -12.0 M3: -10.2 M4: -10.0 M5: -9.0  M6: -10.0  M7: -2.0  M8: -6.8  M9: -7.6 M10: -4.6 M11: -3.6  M12: -3.7  M13: -1.2

mimiof2wins
on 1/13/15 12:22 pm - CA
RNY on 01/16/14

Hi Molly,

We have very similar stats. I too am 5'4" and weigh in at 164. My top weight was 299. I have ridiculously saggy skin but I think about how good I feel and all the wonderful comments I get from people about how good I look. Almost every person I know tells me not to lose anymore weight. I have to be honest with myself about how I looked as a morbidily obese person when I couldn't cover my flaws with clothes! I will take the feeling good, no more meds, saggy skin person over the feeling bad, medicated and obese person that I was.

I just thank God I don't live in a nudist colony!

tomlyoder
on 8/27/20 6:38 pm

Hello! I'm about where you are! I did notice this to an older post! Did you ever get surgery?? If not I'm thinking of trying of financing thru a place Sonobelo or something ya know??

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics