I could eat....

cspotrun
on 1/13/15 11:05 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Do you ever ask someone if they are hungry and ready for a meal, and they reply, "I could eat".  Meaning they aren't starving, but could fit some food in.  I think pre-op that was my mantra....if I wasn't full, that translated to me that I was actually hungry.  There is a large range of bodily sensations between feeling ravenous and being stuffed, but for me, pre-surgery, anything other than stuffed meant I was hungry and should eat.  I never really realized that before, but I've definitely been working on coming to terms with that post-op.  Eating with intent, and with a daily plan has eliminated the grazing, but I can see this will be something I need to pay attention to forever.  

Karen   

Kathy S.
on 1/13/15 11:14 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I think this is one of the hardest learned behavior to overcome.  Being able to know the difference between physical hunger and head/habit hunger.  Kudos for tackling it and succeeding.  Keep us posted on how you are doing!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

cspotrun
on 1/13/15 11:38 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Thanks! Well I'm sure I'm not exactly cured, but I definitely am working my plan and working through the issues. I can easily see how regain happens when the head doesn't get fixed. Onward!

Karen   

tomsgirl6112
on 1/13/15 8:30 pm - PA
RNY on 01/15/15

Thanks for that enlightening fact.  That is me totally.  I just never saw it that way.  You have opened my eyes to what I need to pay attention to from now on.

cspotrun
on 1/13/15 8:50 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Thanks for your reply! We're all in this together!

Karen   

burghblonde
on 1/13/15 9:31 pm
RNY on 05/12/14

Yes Yes Yes!!!! Nailed it! I think that this is many people. Yeah I could eat a piece of cake...I could eat some pizza...sure I could have some ice cream.

It's nice to recognize now that I eat when I am hungry and only until I am "satisfied"...not stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey! All about listening to your body signals and understanding them. Feels like the biggest accomplishment I have made in my journey! LOVE this post!!

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

cspotrun
on 1/13/15 9:40 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Thanks! Yes you are so right and the turkey visual is perfect LOL. And congrats on your success!

Karen   

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 424 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views