Getting Nervous!!!!

labrat249
on 1/14/15 5:02 am - Middletown, OH
RNY on 01/15/15

My RNY is tomorrow and I am starting to freak out a little bit. Any last minute words of wisdom?

selhard
on 1/14/15 5:11 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Yes.  Glean all the valuable information from the floor nurses while you are in the hospital...they generally have a wealth of experienced feedback for the asking.

Mybratboys3
on 1/14/15 5:58 am

I wish you luck. I had ZERO pain from surgery day on out, drink drink drink. Bring chapstick cuz your lips WILL get dry. 

Pokemom
on 1/14/15 7:09 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Remember the confident feelings you have had before, as you have considered and made your choice.  Reflect on those to trust your decision.

Also, a year ago when I had a needed hysterectomy, I was incredibly nervous.  I downloaded a relaxation/meditation recording called "Meditations to promote successful surgery" by Belleruth Naparstek, on a label called Health Journeys. Listening to it just one time was incredibly helpful.  In fact, I would say it was a spiritual experience--something I do not say lightly, ever.  I went from fear and nerves to looking forward to the surgery and the healing it would bring to me, with confidence in my surgeon and others, and the warmth and skill they would exercise on my behalf.  I downloaded it from iTunes. I ended up listening to it more, but that first time was so powerful...it really helped me work through my nerves.  I listened to it again before my RNY, and although it was not quite so strong an experience as that other time, it was again calming and reassuring, and it put me in a good mental/emotional place for the RNY surgery.

Good luck to you! I am just 2 weeks after surgery, and I am so glad I crossed the bridge!  Now the waiting is over, and the work and ability to progress are here!

kokosuggs
on 1/14/15 2:31 pm

Congrats!!  My surgery is Monday 19th....Keep us posted 

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

carimiller9173
on 1/14/15 9:48 pm - Wilmington, DE

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

Han Shot First
on 1/14/15 10:28 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Walk early and walk often!  Having this surgery is a tremendous gift.  Work hard, and it'll be worth it!

Good luck!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 456 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 401 views