What's on your menu (photo) Friday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 1/15/15 8:46 pm, edited 1/15/15 9:11 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ok, so last week I asked everyone to introduce themselves and then the next day to share a photo of themselves if they were able. I don't know about you, but I loved seeing everyone - so I decided to try this theme and see what y'all think - PHOTO FRIDAYS - share a picture of yourself every Friday, if you can, something recent so we can all see your progress and "Owww and Ahhhh!" (and let's face it, I'm a total photo ***** now LOL.)

My photo is another from my weekend at the Greenbrier. I bought two new ****tail dresses for my trip and while the pic is dark, this one is an eggplant lace. Apparently my pose of choice for the weekend was balancing on a chair with a hand on my hip...

Time since surgery: not quite 10 months

B: Overnight Oats (with unflavored protein powder, this is at my NUT's suggestion - not sure if I'll like the taste/texture, but I do like the idea of upping the protein in my current favorite breakfast), Coffee with Cream before

S: Deli ham and Babybel, oh and MORE coffee with cream

L: Mini meatloaf and...?

S: Fiber Gourmet Thinables and Laughing Cow Light

D: TJ's chicken sausage with reduced sugar ketchup and steamed carrots

S: SkinnyPop and one of my beloved Cool Whip FroYos

TOTALS: Calories 1033, Protein 84, Carbs 92, Fat 42

V/W: started (though, annoyingly, I forgot my water bottle for the gym so I missed out on some good drinking!)

E: 25 minutes of Glute Camp on the Arc Trainer followed by 10 minutes on the treadmill - I had been planning to do the rowing machine but just as I was getting off the Arc Trainer my Board President walked by, said good morning, and got on a rowing machine and there is basically nothing in the world that will force me to work out next to someone I know, ESPECIALLY someone who is, in essence, my boss...

Ok, so I hope folks can post pictures AND I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend - make good choices y'all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 1/15/15 9:32 pm

Anny, you look amazing!  I love the dress!  It so weird that I used to hate getting dressed up and going out to fancy places or parties because I was uncomfortable in my own skin and now I relish every minute of it.  I am downright giddy over the idea of going to my husband's work Christmas party in two weeks.  I bought a new dress (a SIZE 8!!) and heels and none of his co-workers have seen me since right after surgery so it will be a blast! 

We are also going to Jamaica in three weeks and buying a swimsuit was no big deal.  I mean I'm not in love with the saggy skin on my arms and thighs but I plan to rock the swimsuit every chance I get!  I did buy a Miraclesuit to cut down on my apron issues ;)  It seems to have done the trick!

Time since surgery: 6.5 months

B: SF Latte and Quest Bar (hoping to find something at Costco tomorrow to replace this!)

S: Coffee and Girl Scout Creamer

L: Lean Cuisine Turkey and green beans (Not my favorite but we really need groceries)

S: EAS Carb Control Shake

D: TBD (nothing is thawed)

W/V: Started but I know I need to drink more today, yesterday wasn't so good.

E: 1600m swim

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

AnnyBananny
on 1/15/15 11:34 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Size 8?! That's awesome!

Christmas party in 2 weeks? What's up with that?

mamata2
on 1/16/15 12:04 am

My husband works as a Chemist and December is by far the busiest month of the year for them.  So, in order to get people to attend and not be stressed out of their minds they have the party at the end of January.  It works out pretty well because our schedules are less conflicted.  The funny thing is that they always have a Christmas tree at the event.  I always giggle to myself about that :)

Dodgergirl27
on 1/16/15 12:50 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Size 8!  You're killing it.  Thanks for the Mircalesuit suggestion.  I am going on a ski trip at the end of Feb and everyone is really excited about the hot tub at our condo (well, except for me, but I'm going to try and get over that with spray tanning and a flattering bathing suit)...so a little help with the apron would be nice!  You're timing is perfect.

mamata2
on 1/16/15 12:51 am

Sierra Trading has some great deals on Miraclesuits and they ALWAYS have coupons available (just Google it)!

Berryhoosier
on 1/15/15 9:48 pm, edited 1/15/15 9:49 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Good morning.  I had trouble getting my menu to balance out today.  I made mini-muffins last night for my students.  Of course I did the math, 37 calories, 2.5 g sugar and no protein for each.  Well, it fit into my day without going over limits, so I ate two last night.  They made me feel kind of sluggish and yucky.  So today while the kids eat their muffins, I'll have a cheese stick!  I'm going to a friend's house for dinner.  They are having breakfast.  Waffles, turkey bacon, and scrambled eggs.  Of course I'll skip the waffles, and I feel pretty confident that they won't even be offered to me.  I have such wonderful supportive friends! 

I'm not having a great hair day, so I'll post my selfie on Monday.  But I thought I'd post the view out of my classroom window.  My little school is on one of the most beautiful college campuses in the world.  Berry College. 

http://images.obesityhelp.com/uploads/profile/1328177/albums/181944/thumbs_full/IMG_0545.JPG

B: turkey pepperoni and fiber one 80

S:  cheese stick during the muffins!

L:  1 chicken meatball and roasted asparagus (left overs from Olive Garden)

S: greek yogurt and more fiber one

D: scrambled egg and 2 turkey bacon slices

S: carnation instant breakfast w/ skim milk

AnnyBananny
on 1/15/15 11:40 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Wow! That view is gorgeous! My view is not so lovely AND sitting by a window is FREEZING (#FirstWorldProblems).

I love breakfast for dinner - that's so fun. I know some people have trouble with scrambled eggs post-op, but I don't think I could live (or go out to eat) without omelets.

I love to bake - but obviously many baking recipes are not so WLS friendly. I love this New York Times Whole Wheat Muffin recipe, I do them as mini muffins and like to use pumpkin and mini chocolate chips. I've also really enjoyed these muffins made with Greek Yogurt and banana. I also do them as mini muffins and they actually have some protein with the Greek Yogurt!

Berryhoosier
on 1/16/15 1:51 am
RNY on 12/17/14

Awesome!  Thanks for the great ideas. 

Dcgirl
on 1/15/15 10:04 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I love this idea, Anny!

I have an NSV to share - one of my biggest in quite a while (and I am grasping onto anything positive since today is my 13 month anniversary and I lost the whopping 3 lbs this past month).

So last night I went to a class at the gym.  It's a strength training class so it's a lot of kettle bells, lunges, squats etc. I have never had this teacher but I loved him. 

So most of the activities were solo but then he decides we are going to do WHEELBARROW for like 10 meters and then do push-ups. So of course I am convinced I can't do it (which is how I feel everytime I have to do a new activity). He partners us up, pointing out you go with him, you go with her, you two together, etc. and he partners me with this super buff woman who teaches spin. She is sculpted.

So I feel proud initially. Like; maybe he put people together based on fitness level. Two girls who were skinny but both super weak were partners, for example. So I felt good. So I offer to go first. I get on my hands and my partner has to hold my feet while I walk on my hands. We do it and she comments "this is harder than it looks!"  So I realize that he must have put me with her because she is the only one who can hold all of my weight!

So we end up having to do this activity again halfway through class and I say to the teacher, "Ummm I feel bad. She shouldn't have to hold all of my weight."

And he looks at me and says "WHAT weight?!" and looks at me like I'm crazy, but in a nice way.

And I realized oh, I don't weigh 350 lbs. I look normal.

Anyhow, my menu is sort of up in the air since I have a dinner date tonight :)

Time Since Surgery: 13 months today

B: 4 tbsp smoked whitefish spread, 2 12 oz coffees with cream

L: Chicken kebab meat with tatziki

S: Raspberry Light and Fit greek yogurt with PB2

D: TBD!

E: I did an hour of strength training this morning.  No cardio so I have to figure out how to get my steps in today!

Here is my pic - it's from December!  Can you believe I weighed over 300 lbs one year ago???  I can't!

Have a great weekend, all!  Em

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views