10 days to go.. Actually getting Nervous

carimiller9173
on 1/16/15 3:08 am - Wilmington, DE

My list is made of what I personally need, med list made, after surgery food bought, some sample menus made.  But now, 10 days away, my nerves are going nuts.  I'm on day 5 of the pre-op optifast bar and liquid diet.  I had a piece of cucumber today and oh my, got sick.  Not good.  Just needed something to chew on and don't have any sugar free gum left.  I've gone thru 3 packs since Monday.  I'm going tonight to get shredded low fat cheese and some shirmp for pureeing.I have my vitamins- all of them. I joined the gym, been walking... boy this is worst then waiting for insurance approval.  Please send positive calming vibes my way.

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

Pokemom
on 1/16/15 6:53 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Hi!  I have read your page and your story, and I really wish you all the best as you approach surgery.  I am sure it will go well, and then you will just do great.  I found it really helped me to remember the times when I felt most calm and confident about my decision.

I posted this same next advice the other day, but about a year ago, I had a hysterectomy.  I was so so SO nervous about it. Just really emotional, worried, full of troubled feelings.  It had been a long and painful road leading up to it as well.  I found a recording of a meditation and affirmations designed to help you prepare for surgery.  It was called "Meditations to Promote Successful Surgery," by Belleruth Naparstek, on the label "Health Journeys."  I downloaded it over iTunes, then relaxed as instructed, and listened.  It honestly relieved my stress in deep ways that are hard to explain in words.  It was as if the imagery helped to release from me all the deep worries and fears I had.  I went from fear and distress (for reasons that were not entirely clear to me) to looking forward to the surgery, trusting the skill and kindness of the doctor and other professionals who wanted to help me.

I listened to it a few more times before the surgery, and also in my hospital bed as I recovered.  It gave me a deep sense of peace.  The first time, though, was especially powerful for me.

I have since read about the woman who made the recording, and she apparently really researches the emotional issues related to her topics so that she can provide her best work.  I have even bought a few of her other meditations.

Maybe this recording could help you, too.  Best to you.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 481 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 441 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 443 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 394 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404