Pain and Comfort After Surgery

twarne
on 1/16/15 5:18 am - Highland Grove, Ontario, Canada

Hello everyone. My name is Tania. I am brand new to the site. My surgery is February 2, 2015. I am a little concerned about the pain and comfort afterwards. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

clr055
on 1/16/15 7:04 am - Lewisville, ID

A heating pad really helped me. They said not to use an ice pack but allowed for heat at the hospital. Helped with soreness and with muscle pain. Also I was freezing when I got home, like bone chilled cold. I wore two pairs of slipper socks, a robe and fuzzy pajamas.. so have some warm stuff on hand. And the walk walk walk mantra.. yeah they really mean it. It will never feel so good to fart in your life! If you can manage to get over onto your side (it takes some work) it helps the gas to come out. Also have a boat load of pillows ready to go. I couldn't sleep flat for two weeks. The first week I alternated every two hours between the recliner and my bed stacked 8 pillows high. I would wake up every two hours and move to a different location because my body would hurt. In between laying down I would do laps around my kitchen table, the walking helps ease the pain, the more you just sit the more it hurts. Have some movies ready to go and you will be set!!

catalina07
on 1/16/15 9:40 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

I slept in a recliner for a month! Bring a "hug" pillow for the ride home in the car. Use the pain meds, thats what they are there for. My doc was too stingy with them and I had to borrow some leftover from a family member. It doesnt last forever and it WILL pass so thats what I had to tell myself when I was going through the "what the hell have I done to myself" phase. GOOD LUCK!

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Moogum73104
on 1/22/15 3:21 am
RNY on 02/02/15 with

Thanks for putting this question up on the boards.  My surgery is also Feb. 2nd of 2015!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 381 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 239 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 409 views
Recent Topics