Light headed and nervous

Moogum73104
on 1/21/15 5:26 am
RNY on 02/02/15 with

I just found this website and I am currently on my full liquid diet.  My surgery is Feb 2nd.  Anyone have any advice for me to help make this a successful surgery.  What did you wish you knew before having this surgery?

Mary Gee
on 1/21/15 5:51 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
Best suggestion ..... Keep reading, reading and reading more. This site has a wealth of information. You can use the Search feature (magnifying glaa at top of page on right) to search specific topics, or post your questions. Loads of information and support here. Good luck with your surgery!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

angel91e
on 1/21/15 6:54 am
RNY on 01/15/14

The best thing I can tell you is that no matter how hard it might feel from time to time it just gets easier. The hardest part for me was getting use to the new way of eating and what foods settled well for me. If I had to describe the process looking back I would say it was like going up and over a hill. Once you make it through all the heart wrenching hoops to get to the top of the hill to get the surgery then the learning how to use your new tool right was like sliding down the other side. It's emotional and like all new experiences it can be scary at times but by the time I got close to a year out it's all smooth sailing now.  At just over a year I have lost all my excess weight and have a normal BMI and am now working on just dropping a few extra pounds so that I have some cushion in case of bounce back. My point to all that being before you know it you will be hanging out with all of us on the looser bench, and we can't wait to see you there. 

Good luck you can do this!

Angel

HW/217 1st apt/202 SW/191 CW/115

1st goal:140 @9months

2nd goal:130 @11months

3rd goal:115 @16months  

Moogum73104
on 1/21/15 9:48 pm
RNY on 02/02/15 with

I am so excited and nervous.  I just keep seeing all these people that have lost a lot of their weight the first year and how hard it is currently for me to lose weight.  I know this is a tool and I am really hoping that I will be there with all of you on the looser bench. :)

angel91e
on 1/21/15 6:56 am
RNY on 01/15/14

The best thing I can tell you is that no matter how hard it might feel from time to time it just gets easier. The hardest part for me was getting use to the new way of eating and what foods settled well for me. If I had to describe the process looking back I would say it was like going up and over a hill. Once you make it through all the heart wrenching hoops to get to the top of the hill to get the surgery then the learning how to use your new tool right was like sliding down the other side. It's emotional and like all new experiences it can be scary at times but by the time I got close to a year out it's all smooth sailing now.  At just over a year I have lost all my excess weight and have a normal BMI and am now working on just dropping a few extra pounds so that I have some cushion in case of bounce back. My point to all that being before you know it you will be hanging out with all of us on the looser bench, and we can't wait to see you there. 

Good luck you can do this!

Angel

HW/217 1st apt/202 SW/191 CW/115

1st goal:140 @9months

2nd goal:130 @11months

3rd goal:115 @16months  

NYMom222
on 1/21/15 7:20 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Someone told me that the first 3 months were hard, and that it was mostly dealing with your head. It gets easier after 3 months. SO True. The first 3 months you are just trying to figure out what is going on. I also didn't know about foamies until it happened to me. That is when food get stuck and your body produces all this foamy saliva/mucous to try to get it moving. I was spitting up grossness. I have found food gets stuck for several reason -too dry- didn't chew well- ate too fast- took too big a bite- all of thee above. It doesn't usually happen now but when I was first making the transition to meats it did. I keep small cans of pineapple juice in my pantry if any kind of meat (Beef, chicken, pork) gets stuck. I read on here the bromelien enzyme in it helps break down meat. You can buy pills, but I find if it is really not moving  and painful, I take 1 oz shots every 5 minutes until it feels better. Usually takes 2-3 shots. As gross as all that sounds it has only happened a handful of times, and I guess I am a slow learner because it happened more than once. I particularly like the daily post on here "What are you eating today RNYers?". I find it very helpful to see what others are eating to be successful.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Moogum73104
on 1/21/15 9:50 pm
RNY on 02/02/15 with

Thank you.. I have never heard about "foamies" that is very nice to know.  I will have to get some pineapple juice! :)

HFA70
on 1/21/15 8:33 am

Read and keep notes about your progresses and setbacks.  Also,  take it slow.  And don't compare yourself to others each of our journeys are all unique ( just like us :)) 

Cooter N.
on 1/21/15 11:37 am

Mine is Feb.3 and I wish you luck. This forum is so helpful in a lot of ways!

Moogum73104
on 1/21/15 9:51 pm
RNY on 02/02/15 with

Good Luck to you as well! Only on this full liquid diet, I  never thought I was so disciplined.  Last night everyone was having pizza.  I just held a piece and smelled it but never took a bit, and just kept on sipping my chicken broth.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 299 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics