6 weeks tomorrow!

CindyLu71
on 1/21/15 7:42 am - TX

6 weeks since surgery, and I have not been able to see my dr. yet. I am a little nervous about adding new foods. My comfort zone is still protein shakes. Not sure what to start with. I have tried eggs, beans , and things like that., but not sure what kind of meat to try adding, or how to fix it. What did you start with??

CindyLu 

Rebecca C.
on 1/21/15 8:55 am
RNY on 12/17/14

I am 5 weeks out.  I started with moist tuna and thinly sliced deli turkey.  At first I could only eat a couple bites but now I'm up to 2oz.  Good luck with whatever you decide.  

NYMom222
on 1/21/15 11:28 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Why haven't you seen your Doctor? Just wondering. My advice with eating more solid foods - chew, chew, chew, take small bites, eat slow and make sure it is moist. Cooking things in the Crock Pot is great, and dark meat Chicken is usually easier than white meat. Add a little gravy, broth, sauce something. has to be moist. Just not high sugar. I actually find beef easier than chicken. You can make meatballs and sauce, or soup/stews with not too much broth. Look on the World According to Eggface she has a lot of great suggestions. Ricotta Bake - small dish layer with ricotta, sauce, parm and mozzarella and bake. Refried beans with salsa and cheddar melted. All good too.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

CindyLu71
on 1/21/15 9:33 pm - TX

Thanks for the advice, I just havent seen the dr. yet, as I live 6 hours away., and they fly into our city. For some reason they had to cancel, so just waiting for them to come. Really wi**** was closer. I have done fine, except a bit nervous to add food without some guidance. I sure do not want to get food stuck.! Thank you for the ideas!

CindyLu 

NYMom222
on 1/22/15 8:18 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Honestly my advice comes from getting food stuck and wishing I didn't. I would try, that way if you are having any problems you can talk to them about it. By 6 weeks I was on a full diet, salad and raw vegetables they said to wait until 8 weeks. While I ate a few bites here and there salads didn't become easy until after 3 months. Keep some of those small cans of pineapple juice in the house. They have Bromelein enzyme in them that can help if meat gets stuck. I had read it on here, there are also capsules I understand. The first time I used it I had a bad stuck that didn't seem to be going away and then I remembered it. I opened a can of pineapple chunks and drank the juice. It helped. I've done it a few times and it has helped every time. I take about 1 oz every 5 minutes until it passes. Usually takes 2-3 oz. Don't want to overdue it because it is juice and high in natural sugar. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

CindyLu71
on 1/22/15 9:52 pm - TX

wow! thanks so much, I bought some papaya enzyme, but it did not help when I had a problem, I just got sicker, so I will try the pineapple juice!. I am very grateful for this advice. I will try adding a few more things then, I tried an egg about 4 times, and never could get it down without getting nausea, so I tried the egg white only with some cheese, and it went fine. Really a lot of trial and error. lol, You really have had a lot of good advice, thanks a bunch!

CindyLu 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 223 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views