Need help with protein ideas....bored

crazy4birds
on 1/22/15 2:17 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

I am at 7 weeks and a week ago was given the go ahead to eat most foods.  Eggs and nuts are not ok for me and I'm not a big breakfast eater.  Other than cheese and yogurt I am out of ideas. Can't imagine eating this for the rest of my life. I'm ok with dinner. Usually have a shake in the am and pm.

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

Deana_
on 1/22/15 2:27 pm

Shrimp?

how about chipotle? I get a bowl with just fajita veggies and chicken or steak and I get a ton of meals out of that as im only eating 2 ounces.

what about deli ham or turkey rolled up. 2 oz for me is like two slices

I know you don't like eggs but have you tried to make the egg muffins? Maybe add some flavors you do like. 

Zucchini noodles are good for a fake out for pasta and maybe you can make some meatballs? 

poet_kelly
on 1/22/15 3:11 pm - OH

Cottage cheese, ricotta cheese (put a little marinara sauce and grated parmesan on it and it's like lasagna without noodles, just nuke it for a minute), nut butters (I love almond butter), meat, seafood, tofu, beans, veggie burgers.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/15 8:23 pm
Poodlemac
on 1/22/15 9:04 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

I've been making turkey taco meat, topped with some shredded cheddar and some Fage plain Greek yogurt on top. It's quite delicious and I get several meals from it. 

Berryhoosier
on 1/22/15 9:18 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Ground turkey with "Manwich" sauce

chicken thighs cooked in crockpot with salsa

beans, beans, they're good for your heart...

tofu, seitan, tempeh

selhard
on 1/22/15 11:55 pm, edited 1/23/15 1:36 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I tend to eat the same things over and over in an effort to make food low on my list of priorities.  I am 54 years old and no longer have an entire family to feed empathizing with people who do; seems like it would be extra tough to stay on track? There's no doubt in my mind I could not work around food let alone do holiday cookie-baking like some people have posted here!  Clearly, there's stronger people out there!  Luckily, my DH loves my new way of eating because he's always been a meat/veggie person all along not missing my old preferences of preparing carb-laden meals.  However, he loves my new way to make pizza using a flattened-out chicken breast as the crust. Friendly suggestion to start gathering recipes (bountifully found off the internet) if eating the same 'ol things doesn't interest you.

STB
on 1/23/15 8:37 am
RNY on 07/21/14

tuna fish with low fat mayo, turkey meatballs (watch the sauce and the sugar - I had to look at several to find one), haddock, quiche, add protein powder to sugar free pudding prior to making it, chicken breast cooked in sauce with cheese (covered and baked for about 40 minutes), homemade shakes with fruit added (but careful of the sugar in them), pot roast in the crock pot (gravy keeps it moist), pork roast in the crock pot with apples (like an applesauce). hope this helps.

SHARON  

HFA70
on 1/23/15 8:49 am

I cook turkey bacon and keep it in the fridge and eat it over a period of a few days.  In a small wrap with cheese and peppers makes for a good breakfast wrap.  I put protein powder in my oatmeal(plain) and use milk for extra protein and either use cinnamon or top it with strawberries.  Sometimes make a smoothie with bananas, strawberries and unflavoured protein powder.  Have you tried looking up www.theworldaccordingtoeggface? I suggest you do, some great ideas there too

crazy4birds
on 1/23/15 1:40 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

Thanks for all the great ideas.  I'll have to try mixing it up a bit.  

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 374 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 104 views