Starting two week liquid diet on Tuesday, anyone with me? Op on Feb 10

pryce_tag
on 1/23/15 11:44 am - Australia

My surgery is scheduled for Feb 10 and I just wanted to know if anyone else is having surgery then or is doing the two week liquid diet at the same time.  Wouldn't mind a buddy.

Doingrightin2015
on 1/23/15 11:54 am
RNY on 03/10/15

Nope not yet for me. Wi**** was. Hopefully, my surgery date will be 3/10 so I will have 6 weeks to go come Tuesday! wishing you the best!! Can't wait to join ya!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

pryce_tag
on 1/23/15 12:02 pm - Australia

Thanks, I am kinda wishing it was still six weeks away haha.  Nah not really I am ready to get it over and done with.  I am just so freakin nervous.

Kennerknecht
on 1/24/15 12:28 am

Mines March 10 too.

im thinking of starting dieting now to help prepare. Good luck with your liquids what are you eating? 

Starting Weight - 350             Goal Number One 299
Surgery Weight-  335             Goal Number Two 249
Current Weight-  325             Goal Number Three 199
Goal Weight -      150             Goal Number Four 150

Doingrightin2015
on 1/24/15 4:19 am
RNY on 03/10/15

I can't wait!

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

idalooses
on 1/23/15 1:28 pm

hi from Louisiana, USA! i am on my 1st week of 2week full liquid diet and have lost abt 7# in last month doing the different stages of my pre-op diet! My surgery (RNY) is scheduled for Feb 3rd and I am too excited!! Can't wait to be on the loser's bench soon!!

Won't be long until you get your surgery! Just hang on a little longer and stick with that diet!

Would love to be your buddy as we are just 1 week apart in surgery date!!

pryce_tag
on 1/23/15 1:34 pm - Australia

Sounds good to me.  You can give me the lowdown :)  So how has teh first week been?  Are you missing eating, headaches?  Anything I need to know?

idalooses
on 1/26/15 1:47 pm

first week was easy to do, sticking to my full liquids to the T! but yesterday started my 2nd week and i didn't do so good, felt soooo hungry! i stayed with my full liquids but ate way too much, felt like i was starved for protein, so i ate a few cheese sticks; not really too bad maybe?? otherwise, i am eating chicken noodle soup, cream soups, sugar free pudding and jello, skim milk and protein supplements. I don't miss eating at all, especially don't miss all that cooking i used to do!!

I suggest that you start keeping a food diary and noting the protein, carbs, fat, and calories in each serving. Some people use "myfitnesspal.com" to keep up with all that info; get use to taking tiny lil bites, and sipping; you will be more prepared for after your surgery and will need to keep up with it.   Good Luck to both of us!!!

pryce_tag
on 1/26/15 4:27 pm - Australia

First day is almost done.  You are right about being brain hungry.  I could really go a cheese on toast right now.  I am just cooking up some broccoli and a tomato base with zucchini, onion and mushrooms.  I really don't care what it tastes like.  I am not into the shakes at all.  Mostly the frothy bit at the top.  I am not allowed any cream soups.  We don't have sugar free pudding that I know of but I am allowed diet jelly.  I must make one tonight for tomorrow.  I have drunk probably about a litre today but I need to get that up to two.  I might get there by the time I go to bed.

I am starting to rethink my surgery as I think the sleeve is more 'normal'.  I just hope that I can have it.

Moogum73104
on 1/23/15 10:20 pm
RNY on 02/02/15 with

I am so close to you! :)   My surgery is scheduled for Feb 2nd.  I have been doing the liquid diet 5 total days and it is not that bad.  I do miss chewing but I was told I could take my calcium supplement and it is a chewy so it helps.  I have lost a total of 11 pounds since I started.  You can do it!  I would say the first 3 days are the hard, the 3rd day being the hardest.  When I felt light headed I would eat my broth or strained cream soup.  The most important part is to get your protein in and drink your water to help you stay full!  Another obstacle that I have overcome the first week is not being hungry, but being brain hungry.  My stomach was fine but my brain wanted the chicken wings or broccoli/cauliflower.  It was a real eye opener for me.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 350 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 87 views
Recent Topics