NSV's let's keep the motivation going

angel91e
on 1/23/15 3:04 pm
RNY on 01/15/14

I'm just over a year out and I was thinking tonight about was a crazy year it's been. How I really think that the small everyday things have almost been more rewarding than the number on the scale. My favorite so far was the first time my son could wrap his arms all the way around me. So what are some of the things that were the coolest for you? Or what are you looking forward to? I know I'm looking forward to being able to wear sexy shoes for more than about five mins before my feet feel like they are going to fall off.

I'd love to hear from ya all pre-op and post-op

it always feels so good to read about the everyday victories 

Angel

HW/217 1st apt/202 SW/191 CW/115

1st goal:140 @9months

2nd goal:130 @11months

3rd goal:115 @16months  

carimiller9173
on 1/23/15 8:12 pm - Wilmington, DE

Good morning... 2 days pre-op here.  I'm looking forward to being able to walk a flight of steps without being winded and being able to walk in general without pain.  Yes, to me it is also about a number on the scale, but most important to me is to start living my life and stop watching it pass by as I sit on the side lines.  

Cari

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

Han Shot First
on 1/23/15 8:59 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I had a nice NSV last weekend:  I went to a hockey game, and I was able to sit in the arena seats comfortably!  I haven't done that in forever!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Dartmouth
on 1/23/15 10:34 pm, edited 1/23/15 11:10 pm - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

What a good idea....I try to downplay good things as I don't want to be overconfident and then magically gain all the weight back....weird!  So here are a few of my NSVs over the last few months.....

I walked down the aisle of a 727 plane and turned to my husband and asked him if it was a newly configured plane because the aisles were so much bigger ....duh!

I went into Talbots and absentmindedly walked to the petites plus wondering if they had anything on sale...and the sales lady asked me if I was shopping for a friend( I then bought too many size 6 petite pants because I was so excited!)

Now, my sweet husband and dear children are not so worried about me that they treat me like an old lady ready to keel over at any minute...they don't  watch every little bite I take, go with me to doctors appointments sure that I am hiding bad news, try not to let me walk alone on the street....

and lastly....I went to yoga for the first time this week ( in my new small yoga pants and cute tee shirt) and I could not only sit down on the floor...BUT I could get up TOO!  ( and I go to the gym twice a week and ride my bike 2/3 times a week!)

I am 66, I have lost 125 lbs in a year, I feel energetic and young and healthy.....shows you can teach an old dog new tricks!  And that is what is really important.....

Good luck to all of you on this journey.....wherever it takes you!

robinreinhardt
on 1/24/15 2:23 am

darthmouth,

You're my hero. Thanks for the post. I just had WLS last month and am close to 60 myself. Good to know we can reach our goals. I bet you look so gorgeous.

Robin

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/15 10:39 pm

I think the first NSV was when I could cross my legs. Being able to wear my boots tucked into my pants. Shopping in regular stores. Not having to buy online. Shopping in the Junior section even though my daughter tells me I shouldn't be wearing somethings. Not bad but cute stuff. Just the sweaters and jeans not mini skirts or anything like that.

I think one of my favorite ones was when I had to move my seat up to drive my husbands truck. Being able to pop the gas tank without taking my seat belt off.

Being able to fly without a seat belt extender that was one of the best feelings. 

NSVs are the best. I think they keep you motivated more than the scale sometimes.

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/15 11:16 pm

I have another one to add is being able to dance all night and not lie and say you are not feeling well.

kayleystar
on 1/24/15 12:55 am
RNY on 01/06/15

I'm only 2.5 weeks post op, however my belly no longer touches my steering wheel! There is a good 2 inch gap now. :)

Highest Weight: 412 | Day of Surgery: 385 | Current: 341
Surgery Date: 1/6/2015 

angel91e
on 1/24/15 1:24 am, edited 1/24/15 1:24 am
RNY on 01/15/14

Those are awesome! It makes me feel more motivated just reading about them :-)

I had another new one this morning. I work nights as a hospice nurse and therefore I rarely get into the office during the day. I had to stop by though to drop off paperwork for my yearly recertification class and my own boss said I looked so much better after the weightloss she didn't even recognize me. How funny is that lol. I may not have seen her directly in several months but I have worked with her for YEARS! My face just about cracked in half I was smiling so big.

Keep them coming it feels so good to share the victories with all my online friends

Angel

(edited for typos)

HW/217 1st apt/202 SW/191 CW/115

1st goal:140 @9months

2nd goal:130 @11months

3rd goal:115 @16months  

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/15 2:16 am

I hate to clean. I am now able to get on my hands and knees to clean my bathroom floor. It is too small to mop. I used to use my feet because I was too lazy.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 377 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 470 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 385 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 42 replies · 330 views