consultation

jessicatheresa
on 1/24/15 2:00 am
RNY on 04/09/15 with

I have my consultation scheduled with my surgeon for february 2. what should i expect at this first visit?

STB
on 1/24/15 3:14 am
RNY on 07/21/14

Every practice is different. With mine they took a medical history, what meds I was on including dose and frequency, what I have tried in the past in terms of weight loss efforts (approximate dates that these attempts were made), whether or not they were successful, if they were, why did I think I gained the weight back, if I exercise or not, if not, what were the barriers, what were my goals/reasons for wanting the surgery (health issues, looking and feeling better, etc. - it is not a magic fix for every problem in my life), who I had in my life that could support me pre and post op, and what changes did I think I would have to make in order to be successful with the surgery. I also came prepared with questions about the different surgical options (lap band, VSG, RNY), why one was preferred over the other and what would prohibit them from doing one over the other, length of hospital stay, etc. I also asked what they have seen in patients that were successful and what they had seen in those who were not. hope this helps. Good luck!

SHARON  

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 537 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views