What's on your menu Monday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 1/25/15 7:45 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all! It's Munchie Monday! Photo Friday is such a hit, I'm going to try some themes throughout the week - maybe not every day or every week - but it's nice to mix it up. Thanks for the suggestion, Daisy.

If you incorporate snacks into your menu what are your favorites? Right now I'm obsessed with apple slices eaten with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss. I usually have some deli ham or something with it as well to up the protein - but it's delightful!

I saw this BuzzFeed post yesterday, Here's What Real Healthy People Actually Snack On, and knew I had to share it! The premise is interesting, basically planned snacking helps you from overeating, and although there are some things in here that are not WLS-friendly (too much damned bread), there are some good ideas - hello cauliflower fries!

Any North Easterns out there have a snow day called yet? I've been awake for ages waiting to hear that I can go back to sleep, but alas, it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Keep your fingers crossed for me that we close early - all I want in my life right now is a snow day or two - even as a grown up I'm tempted to sleep with my jammies inside out and pennies on the windowsill.

Time since surgery: 10+ months

B: Greek yogurt with almonds and coffee with cream

S: apple slices and Laughing Cow Light, deli ham

L: mini meatloaf, sweetened ricotta

S: Babybel Light and peanuts

D: omelet made with eggbeaters, turkey sausage, and cheese

S: SkinnyPop and Dole Dippers

TOTALS: Calories 1005, Protein 77, Carbs 67, Fat 52

V/W: about to get the party started

E: I'm letting the bad weather be an excuse for a rest day

Make good choices y'all!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/15 7:59 pm, edited 1/26/15 12:41 am

Good morning. We are supposed to get a major snowstorm. I am kind of looking forward to it. Kind of. I really don't have favorite snack that I really like or eat often other than cheese sticks or yogurt. I think snack wise I am pretty boring.

B:Protein shake in a bit I will have a hard boiled egg

L:Atkins chicken alfredo meal. I don't really like to eat these things I was running around and I was hungry when I got home so I knew there was really no thought process on what to make.

S:I did buy medi-fast cereal for a snack it is pretty good.

D: Corned beef forgot I had it in the fridge.

S:Yogurt

Vitamins are going down. Water is going down. Exercise is walking in the snow. I am hoping my husband comes home and we go out on the quad.

mamata2
on 1/25/15 9:31 pm

Good morning!  I must confess that I was horrible with my eating this weekend.  My daughter's Birthday was Saturday so Friday night was pizza with girls.  Saturday was candy and chips.  I know why I never have these things in the house!  We did go out for brunch yesterday and I ordered a scrambled egg and some chicken apple sausage.  I at least felt good about that choice.  I also didn't exercise all weekend.  I had great intentions but our dog was sick (thankfully she is feeling better) and I just felt off (probably all of the junk food) so I never went.  Also, our couch broke!  So yesterday we were stuck furniture shopping all day.  Anyone know of anywhere that will get rid of a broken couch for a reasonable price?

Time since surgery: Almost 7 months (wow, where has the time gone?)

B: SF Latte and a ThinkThin Bar

S: Coffee with creamer

L: Italian Chicken Sausage and string cheese

S: Atkins Nut Chew Bar

D: Black Bean noodles and skinny alfredo sauce

W/V: Started

E: 1 hr run (MUST GET TO GYM)

Have a great day all!

Berryhoosier
on 1/25/15 9:55 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

Good Monday!  We are praying for a snow day here in Georgia, but it's highly unlikely! I ate too many calories on Friday.  I also discovered that cashews are a slider food for me.  I thought I could handle 1/2 ounce, and I can.  But then I handled a couple more...   Lesson learned.  They are now in the back of the cabinet and I will pass them off to my mother this weekend.  For snacks I love roasted chickpeas, cheese sticks, fiber one chocolate cereal (by itself if I already have enough protein).  I just remembered a snack from an old low carb diet.  I haven't tried it post op, but I think I will soon.  It tasted like fries. No protein, but you could make ranch dip out of fage 2% to add some protein.

Jicama Zebra Fries:

cooking spay, 1 c jicama cut into french fry shape, salt

1. Spray a microwave-safe plate with cooking spray. Arrange jicama pieces on plate.
  2. Cook in the microwave on high until small brown stripes begin to form on the fries, 9 to 11 minutes. Check on the fries every few minutes to avoid burning. Remove plate from microwave with an oven mitt because plate will be hot.
  3. Salt to taste

B: boneless lean pork chop and fiber one

L: leftover chicken francese, grilled veggies, 1 T baked potato

S: bel gioso snacking cheese (fresh mozzarella)

D: large baked chicken wing (w/ shake and bake bbq glaze - trying for first time, doesn't have too much sugar), fage ranch dip

S: greek yogurt and fiber one

cal: 919   protein: 81

Water and vits: started

Exercise - yoga

AnnyBananny
on 1/25/15 11:04 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

OMG, cashews are totally a down fall for me too. When I was at the beach this fall with my family someone brought this huge bag of salted cashews and I literally had to have my aunt hide them because I just COULD NOT control myself. It was ridiculous. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/15 6:30 am

I am like that with cashews to Anny. They are like crack.

hl1524
on 1/25/15 10:07 pm - Austin, TX

Good morning!  I hope everyone is staying warm.  The snow has started to fall and it looks like I might be stuck in the house working from home all week!  

As far as snacks go, I usually grab some nuts or cheese.  Some of my other go-to items are power crunch bars, yogurt, and every once in a while a piece of fruit.  I've found that I love popcorn, but I can eat way too much of it.  I try to make sure I buy the 100calorie bags, or make sure someone wants to share.  

Time since surgery: just shy of 5 months

B: quest bar

S: premier protein shake

L: turkey burger patty with cheese

S: smoked almonds

D: taco meat salad with avocado & cilantro

V/W: started

E: we will see what the weather does - I might just go up and down the stairs a few times.  

RNY 8/27/2014

AnnyBananny
on 1/25/15 11:06 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh, I love a Power Crunch bar every once in a while! At my regular grocery store they sell them but seem to only have Vanilla, Chocolate, and Peanut butter (I was so excited for the PB because I love all things PB, but felt like that one tasted the most like card board) - but then at the Vitamin Shoppe I discovered there are a bunch of other flavors - Cookies and Cream is my fav.

hl1524
on 1/26/15 12:53 am - Austin, TX

I just discovered the Cookies and Cream over the weekend.  They all taste better if you keep them stored in the freezer.  They taste better to me that way.

RNY 8/27/2014

karenp8
on 1/25/15 10:19 pm - Brighton, IL

Good morning everybody. My favorite snacks are roasted Edamame,Greek yogurt,string cheese and peanut butter and apple slices. Chilly day here in Illinois but no snow here at least. Post op about 29 months and weight at 122 today. Bouncing around from 120 to 122 here lately. On track with vitamins and fluids so far today. Exercise for today will be two miles with Lily at the park and another two miles on the treadmill. Also will do level 3 of 30 day shred DVD here in a minute. Here's the plan for food today: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 1 c ham and beans D 31/2 oz ground beef with 1/2 c green beans S Greek yogurt with granola. I have a busy week getting ready for my foot surgery on Friday so need to get the house straightened up so I can get around with a walker for two weeks. I know the pup will miss her walks while I am off my foot and will be so eager to get back to it. Have a great day everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 503 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 417 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 100 views
Forum Search Error & 404