Collateral benefits!

Harpo2332
on 3/17/15 12:26 am

Hubs went to the doc yesterday and has lost 20 pounds. Doc asked how and my husband said, "well, my wife had gastric bypass surgery."  Turns out, my not eating starches with dinner has helped him also!

Doingrightin2015
on 3/17/15 12:30 am
RNY on 03/10/15

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

SkinnyScientist
on 3/17/15 1:00 am

Yay!  I am so glad he appears to be following your plan too!  

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Patm
on 3/17/15 3:08 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That worked for awhile for my husband but he went back to his old ways. He was never very over weight and has never dieted in his life. Really annoying

selhard
on 3/17/15 3:20 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Try this if interested: casually, politely, humorously, without putting him down in any way, tell him you are going to outlive him by a lot of years seeing if he'll take that comment on as a challenge. (warning...he may privately, secretly take on your challenge...most men love competition...especially if they think of their wife winning and living on without them around).

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/17/15 8:46 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

LoL. 

I  inadvertently did this when I exclaimed, "I'm healthier now than you!"

My husband is naturally trim.

Suddenly, he was taking vitamins and working out.  Lol 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

JB1114
on 3/17/15 3:19 am - Grain Valley, MO

My husband eats whatever I fix, but he also has his cookies, candy, sweet rolls and Little Debbies.  He will have a dish of ice cream and cookies and then get out the jar of mixed nuts.  He says nuts are good for you.  Well, yes, but not in the quantity you eat them and you don't need them on top of ice cream and cookies.  I have a drawer where I keep my protein bars.  I'm not willing to share since he eats whatever he wants.  He loves Click shakes and I do fix him one occasionally, but I don't encourage it.

He is tall and maybe 20 lbs. overweight according to the charts, but no gut hanging over his belt.  It's really irritating that he can eat so much and not gain weight. 

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

Pokemom
on 3/17/15 3:34 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Other side?  What do you think:

My husband is a very fit guy, who works out 6+ hours/week, mostly swimming.  In spite of my weight problems, we always have had lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, high quality foods, etc.

Now my husband feels he is LESS  fit since my surgery.  He is quite distressed, because although his weight is staying mostly the same, his body fat percentage is increasing, even though he has maintained his same fitness routine.  He believes this BF increase is related to me cooking differently.  He says since I am not an eater anymore, he has to eat all the leftovers (kids do not prefer leftovers).  He also says, since I am not an eater (he likes that line), that I am not preparing as many vegetable dishes. This is probably true, as we used to have a cooked veg and a salad with most meals, and I used to buy a lot more greens for me to eat--I am still so recently out of surgery that my veg volume is now limited.  He also notes that because I am not an eater, I am not preparing as many homemade yummies, like homemade cookies or biscuits, etc.  So instead of having my high-quality homemade stuff around, he now has to satisfy his treat tooth at work, with lower quality junk that people bring in like doughnuts, or with processed things he buys at the store from the cookie aisle and various bakeries. I am also not sharing restaurant things like appetizers or salads in much quantity, leaving him having to EAT IT ALL!

Poor thing.  Such hardship.

In truth, I wonder if there is something to what he says, so even though Ii thought I was still cooking well, I am trying to make sure my cooking is as high quality and with as much variety as before, even though I AM NOT AN EATER.  :-). But he believes I cannot really tell, that the changes are subtle.  And therefore, he will have a continuing struggle.  Poor thing.  (THAT is the line I like!)

seattledeb
on 3/17/15 6:24 pm

I would feel compelled to do awful things to him. Particularly one more "Your not an eater"

Deb T.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/17/15 8:50 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I think you're doing an amazing job. Since you're no longer an "eater," then if he's nit happy, he'd best become a "cooker"

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views