What's on the menu today RNYer's.

Bubbles314
on 3/20/15 3:55 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi it's Friday.  I noticed no one started the post today, so I will if you all want to participate feel free.  I know it's late in the day.  I hope everyone has a good weekend, mine is uneventful so far other than what I do usually. 

Thinking of you DC  girl.  Hoping the surgery went well.

I do not know how to post pictures, but if any of you OHer's want to that would be great. 

24 Weeks since surgery

B  coffee, yogurt

L  scallops and asparagus

D  TBD  going out with a friend

S  string cheese light, maybe some skinny pop

V/W  are almost in

E done 1.25 hours on the bike, I have 9104 steps in and it is only 1:50p.m. here.

Have a great weekend, its suppose to "snow" here.  That darn 4 letter word, reminds me of that other one "cold", wi**** was warmer here in Michigan

mschwab
on 3/20/15 4:40 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Thanks for starting the thread Bubbles.  So glad that it is Friday.  The last couple of weeks have been crazy at work, so a couple of days off will be greatly appreciated.  No big plans for the weekend (yay!).  It is supposed to be rainy, so it may be a good weekend to finish my House of Cards binge.

My menu is up in the air at this point.   I am cooking dinner for my Dad.  I just haven't settled on what to cook.  I saw a recipe for chicken thighs and mushrooms, so I may do that. 

Time since surgery:  4 months

B:  1/2 english muffin and an egg

S:  Yoplait Greek 100 Yogurt - Apple Pie

L:  Trader Joe's chicken tenderloin

S: 1/2 cup cottage cheese

D:  Not sure.  Maybe the chicken thigh dish

S: slice deli ham (not nitrates) and jalapeno jack cheese

Totals (without dinner):  Calories 574, Carbs 50, Fat 17, Sugar 22

The selfie below is from this week.  The skirt is a little shorter than I am used to, but I liked the outfit

Have a great day and be well!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

cmspang
on 3/20/15 5:41 am

Having watched 6 episodes of What not to wear today while recovering (Man! My energy is low) I can assure you the skirt looks fab! And the white shirt looks too big for you gal, may be time to take it in :-)

Which reminds me, does anyone do clothing swaps since I'm sure a lot of clothes get "under grown"?

Catherine 

Dodgergirl27
on 3/20/15 5:55 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Hey Catherine,

I never participated in clothing swaps but 2 really helpful tools for me during the losing phase (or rather the fast losing phase) were Gwynnie Bee (a plus sized clothes rental service) and then sending my old clothes to Thread Up (they'll pay you $ for your old clothes and you can either use it to buy new ones, or shop their store where prices are greatly reduced).  Of course TJ Max, Marshalls and Nordstrom Rack were all extremely helpful as well.  Good luck recovering and congrats on being on this side of surgery, your life is about to change in the best way possible!  Just follow your surgeons plan and you will be amazed with the results!

cmspang
on 3/20/15 5:58 am

Ooh, thanks for the tip. Def checking out the clothing rental site. I've been online window shopping for fun on sites I could never buy from before when bored haha. 

Dodgergirl27
on 3/20/15 6:07 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Gwynee Bee was a godsend for me.  I thought they had cute clothes in a ton of different styles and the service was generally pretty good (in terms of fast turn around times).  As you start losing, wearing clothes that fit (instead of that are hanging on you), is like the greatest gift ever.  I felt like a million bucks once I started wearing stuff of theirs that fit (plus it makes it easier to experiment with styles you have never tried before, but always kind of liked, if you hate it, you just throw it back in the bag and send it right back).  It really helped me figure out what styles looked good on my new body.

mschwab
on 3/20/15 10:42 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Thanks so much for the compliment. Yep, clothes don't fit for long these days. Not a bad problem to have. 

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Bubbles314
on 3/20/15 6:54 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Your outfit looks nice, comfortable too.  What kind of chicken and mushroom recipe do you have? could you post it?  Those are two of my favorite things to eat.  Together and separate.

Your right about TGIF, this week was a strange one for me, many things were just off  or different.  Hard to explain, easier to just move on and forget it.

Have fun with your House of Cards marathon sounds relaxing.  Thanks for posting I never know if I should start it or not,  let alone know what to say.  Have a good weekend

karenp8
on 3/20/15 10:26 am - Brighton, IL

Posting very late as hubby took a day off and we went shopping in Springfield and had lunch at Cracker Barrel. Tomorrow I have my 5k so Lily and I did 3.16 miles today and I will do about 2 on the treadmill at a slightly faster pace. Post op 30.75 months and weight at 119.2 today. Stayed on plan even at Cracker Barrel where I had half an orange catfish fillet,some broccoli and a few bites of cheese grits. Here's the food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz catfish baked 1/4c broccoli and 1/4 c cheesy grits D 31/2 oz onion burger and 1/2 c cabbage S Greek yogurt with granola. Have a great weekend everyone!

Bubbles314
on 3/21/15 4:27 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hey Karen, just thought I would ask how the 5K was for you.  I am going to try to walk one this year maybe 2.  Just so impressed that so many OHer's run.  Good luck to you

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 434 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views
Forum Search Error & 404