taking Mucinex

jdubskinny
on 3/30/15 5:17 am - NV

i have take it a few times I am  4 years out and  and it kills me ... BURNS and HURTS anyone else have this issue?   For a few min after i feel  so sick and can feel it moving i take with lots of water like it says ...  just wondering 

-JDUB 

AmyDee123
on 3/30/15 5:56 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I am banded, not GB, so I can only give my experience.  But I do deal with the same thing with almost all pills.  I take all my meds with milk.  I can't do too many pills so I get liquid whenever possible, but if I am stuck taking a pill I always try to lubricate with a bit of milk, then i take the pill with some milk.  a little bit later i take another swallow of milk to make sure it goes down easy.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

jdubskinny
on 3/30/15 6:22 am - NV

yea .. i do that will pills and take a few and its ok  but  these specifically kill me ..  i does say to take with a full glass of water and i let the pill n water sit in mouth a few b4 swallow so its kinda dissolved ... or soft YUCK ... who knows thanks

-JDUB 

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/30/15 7:07 am

they have that in a powder also. 

But I don't have an issue taking the pill- I use generic Mucinex from Costco - if needed.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lynnc99
on 3/30/15 12:23 pm

Yep, it gives me a burning sensation too. It lasts less than a minute and I breathe deeply till it passes. I only use it when I MUST for that reason. 

Semaenlightened
on 3/30/15 1:59 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

If I am not mistaken they do have it in a liquid form.....I just had RNY on Wed and I am going through the crushing all the pills and all the not so wonderful tastes.....almost makes me want to gag...thank goodness I can mix it with applesauce!

Semaenlightened
on 3/30/15 1:59 pm
RNY on 03/25/15

If I am not mistaken they do have it in a liquid form.....I just had RNY on Wed and I am going through the crushing all the pills and all the not so wonderful tastes.....almost makes me want to gag...thank goodness I can mix it with applesauce!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 141 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
Recent Topics