6 month pre-diet/protein

brenda_m
on 4/12/15 10:48 am - Renick, WV

Im on my 6 month pre-diet and Im way short on calories and protein per day. Im thinking of adding the Premier protein drink for b-fast. Anyone using this or maybe you know of another protein thats better? Thanks

Cooter N.
on 4/12/15 11:09 am

I use Premier Protein shakes and really like them. My NUT says that whey protein isolate is best and unfortunately the premier variety is whey concentrate. I drink EAS as well but still prefer the premier. Good luck!!! It all works itself out in the end.

Surgery 2/3/15 Band to RNY Hw:272 CW:262   

brenda_m
on 4/12/15 11:59 am - Renick, WV

Thanks so much!!I think Ill try the Premier. I may have to switch up after surgery.

NYMom222
on 4/12/15 2:57 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

My surgeon's office recommends the premier as one of our choices. I do find it nice to have a RTD choice for on the run.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

christinerocks
on 4/12/15 9:06 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

My nutritionist had Premier on her recommended list too, and I have some for when I am on the run.  I prefer to mix my own, and after trying several samples settled on Bariatric Advantage. 

I bought my premier protein at Costco (at a great price!) but noticed my local Stop and Shop sells them in a 4 pack. This might be a great idea so you can try them before making the big commitment LOL

Good luck in your pre-op preparation.  It goes by faster than you think!!

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

lynnc99
on 4/12/15 9:20 pm

Premier is very good because it packs a punch protein wise and still keeps the calorie count and sugar content low enough! I used them for a long time and bought them by the case at Costco. Their formulation seems to change every now and again - for a while they seemed thicker than I like, so I just added a bit of water and it was all good!

chulbert
on 4/12/15 10:24 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

At six months post-op I would urge you to consider real food as the best source of protein.

brenda_m
on 4/13/15 5:09 am - Renick, WV

Thanks for your advice!! Im actually pre-op. I feel I get plenty of food per day but not enough calories or protein. This is the 2nd go round for me to get surgery. Thought I could do it on my own the 1st time. Lost 140 lbs. Gained most of it back. Now Im determined to go thru with it this time.

selhard
on 4/12/15 10:37 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I bought store-bought protein drinks post-op for convenience and a way to get in enough protein for the day.  If I had it to do over again, I wish I had limited their use more.  I stopped buying them at about 3-6 months out choosing to make homemade protein smoothies instead.  Recipes can be found at www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com.  

brenda_m
on 4/13/15 5:14 am - Renick, WV

Thank you all for the advice!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 563 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 341 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 369 views