getting protien in

kstaal
on 4/22/15 1:37 am

I wanted to know everyone's favorite way to get protien in without alot of extra calories.  I have started to regain weight and I know that part of that is the fact that I don't pay as close attention to what I eat as I used to.  I know I don't get enough protien and wanted to start on getting back to getting my protien in.. please let me know your favorite high proiten meal or snack. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/22/15 1:57 am - OH

I focus on a lot of simple, single ingredient foods rather than dishes with a lot of ingredients because it is very easy to consume too many calories and carbs with a casserole or a "fancy" dish. (I also don't like to spend a lot of time cooking for just myself.)

I don't really eat anything special, just typical simple proteins like Greek yogurt, cheese, grilled chicken, ground sirloin (less fat than regular hamburger), steak, shrimp, crab legs (as a special treat), tuna, occasional pork chops, refried beans, etc.

For snacks, I eat RF cheese sticks, yogurt, nuts (almonds or cashews are my favorites), microwaved turkey pepperoni slices (microwaving for about a minute for 9 slices makes them crispy), or a couple of slices of deli meat.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 530 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 386 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 198 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 328 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?