Head hunger after dense protein

angel91e
on 4/23/15 2:10 am
RNY on 01/15/14

So I'm a little over 15 months out and for the most part everything is pretty peachy in my life these days. I was just curious am I the only one out there that struggles with more head hunger after dense proteins than other foods? 

I am not eating more after having those kinds of foods (to be truthful they take long enough to exit my pouch that I would get really sick if I even tried) I wait my half hour to drink after eating like normal. I just always feel starving a hour afterward. I know logically that I'm not hungry as I said I couldn't eat more even if I wanted to I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this or might have any clue what is triggering the cravings?

All input is appreciated just feeling a little baffled by it.

Angel

HW/217 1st apt/202 SW/191 CW/115

1st goal:140 @9months

2nd goal:130 @11months

3rd goal:115 @16months  

MickeyDee
on 4/23/15 9:20 am

Maybe you're really thirsty rather than hungry?  Often our bodies need water, but since we'd only responded to hunger signals, we have misinterepreted the correct signals.

Try drinking something when you get that "head hunger" signal, see if that works.

angel91e
on 4/23/15 12:43 pm
RNY on 01/15/14

You know that's a good idea. I hadn't thought of it maybe being a need for more liquids I will try that out and see how it works

Angel

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/24/15 2:49 am

Dense proteins - like meat - also stimulates the body to release insulin. (google food insulin index)

and if you just eat dense proteins - with very little carbs - the insulin may cause your blood sugar fluctuation... and that may make you hungry...

I need to add more fat and a small amount of carbs to my dnase proteins. i.e. a few slices of avocado.  somehow that helps my body to feel full and satisfied.  

adding a couple of slices of bacon to my lean scrambled eggs, makes an impact. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

angel91e
on 4/24/15 3:53 am
RNY on 01/15/14

Ok now that makes sense. Most of the time I have VERY LITTLE room left after eating meat for anything else so often those meals haven't been consisting of much else. I have to be careful throughout the day as I can have some pretty dramatic drops in blood sugar if I don't eat often enough and when that happens I need not only a small amount of carbs but protein and fat to even me out without starting a roller coaster effect I'll be trying to fix the rest of the day. So maybe I'll break up my evening protein into two smaller snack sized meals and add in a very small amount of healthy fat. The avacodos sound like an easy nutrient rich choice and sometimes I have a teaspoon of some sort of natural nut butter but do you have suggestions for others options other than say cheese which binds me up terribly.

Angel

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 518 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 400 views