RNY 11/2014 6 months out

Browneyedgirl33
on 5/23/15 4:34 pm

I have only lost 66 lbs.  Is that good for being 6 months out?  I have had stricture issues and been sick off and on since surgery.  I finally thought I conquered the stricture issue after a second procedure.  However it is coming back again.  With being sick I haven't had the energy to workout but I do try my best to get it in where I can.  Moved to new area and have to find a doctor to get all the other resolved. 

Tend to have a new pain every day lol...... rather it be intestinal or my stomach hurting.  My food staples are Almonds, Greek Yogurt, protein shakes and cheese... Oh and decaf skinny lattes from Starbucks (1 a day).  However I do the best I can do get in what I need to get in.  I get in all my protein and liquids that I am supposed too.

Just very discouraged about it all...... And to be honest I don't feel as attractive as I did when I lost over 100 lbs on my own. It might just be a mind thing I am going through right now..... I feel like I am going through an ugly duckling stage.  Which is weird since I am smaller.  I should be more happier.

Anyways...... Just had to vent

Thanks

NYMom222
on 5/23/15 9:02 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

"Good" is relative. What you are really asking is "Compared to other people"... everyone is different, and as you have said you have had certain challenges. Part of it depends on how much you need to lose total. Usually when you have more to lose, you lose faster. I had a lot to lose, over 200lbs, and while I've done well, I don't think I have lost at break-neck speed or anything...

You diet you mentioned, the only two things that struck me are - be careful with the nuts- they are good for you but high in calories. Second, you didn't mention any dense protein... (don't know if cheese is considered dense protein...) Dense protein does keep you full feeling longer...

Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Browneyedgirl33
on 5/23/15 9:19 pm

I try to eat dense protein when I can but w stricture issues off and on it has been a challenge. I try to eat the Papaya enzymes to help digest meat better. But I can only get a couple of bites in a day. Sometimes a little more depending on my stomach.

Day of surgery I weighed 307. Now I weigh 241. I have a lot of stalls it seems. 

I just hope I can get to a point I feel normal and can eat more of the meat and protein dense foods.

definitely seems like a constant struggle.....

Thanks for your kindness!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?