Six Months Post Op next Week. I basically have stopped losing..

Zonechef
on 5/28/15 2:37 pm, edited 5/28/15 3:38 pm
RNY on 12/03/14

Hello my support team, Friends, ..and newer members. On June 3 I will be 6 months out. I have had my share of ups and downs during this time but mostly ups. Interesting factoid - I went to my son's graduation this month and my ex-wife asked who he was speaking to when she first arrived. It was me. She then laughed and told me about it saying that I looked terrific-so that felt good. I had major constipation and regularity problems bordering between severe and life threatening so my solution has been a combination of colace ground flax and unprocessed high fiber grains(Usually steel cut oat w/ chopped prunes). It is the only thing that works for me (and continue to ingest sufficient protein) but the calories and carbs this entails have made my weight loss reduce to nearly non existent-though I am not gaining; the possibility of regain after my honeymoon phase concerns me. Look forward to your advice. I am adding several photos here. 1. The First from my older son's Dans Collage Graduation in 2009. 2. The second Is with my younger son Louis' graduation this past month, 3. the 3rd is me at 3 months pre-op and 4. finally a pic I like also from this past month-..

Wishing you all many continued successes!!

mschwab
on 5/28/15 3:03 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

Wow, you have done really well.  You look like a different person.  No wonder your ex didn't recognize you.  Congratulations!  Have you been tracking your calorie intake, including your supplements.  You should still continue to lose, as long as you are keeping a calorie deficit.  

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

selhard
on 5/28/15 3:50 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

..."stopped losing..." hope so, there's not much left of you to lose. Do you hear often father/son look-a-like comments; you must be proud.  You either haven't gotten around to taking a pair of scissors after the end of that cotton belt or will it remain intact as a pleasant reminder to how far you've come?  I couldn't help be amused you mentioned constipation right after telling the story about seeing your X at the U.   One last thing...I have enough fear, not concern, of regain to shoulder the burden for everyone so just be happy.

Zonechef
on 5/28/15 5:31 pm
RNY on 12/03/14

Thanks so much. Actually the cotton belt was a gift from before my surgery that was so small that I could not believe my friend thought that it would fit me, and now it is big on me. I do still have one cotton belt that fit me before the surgery and it now goes through every loop except 2---twice.

NYMom222
on 5/28/15 9:29 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

You have done amazing! A couple of things, first around 6 months it does change, you don't lose as fast, second weight loss generally goes slower the closer you are to your goal. I totally get the constipation thing, I too have been trying to add fiber, and fiber = carbs. My only thoughts are change up what you are eating, sometimes we get in a rut.... and don't be afraid of some fat...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/29/15 6:10 am

I deal with constipation using Daily Miralax in my morning coffee. Plus Magnesium at night. No calories or carbs. Works for me. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/29/15 6:30 am

Too much fiber can cause constipation...or even blockage...

http://www.drbriffa.com/2013/03/05/study-finds-dietary-fibre-is-more-likely-to-be-cause-of-rather-than-a-cure-for-constipation-and-other-bowel-symptoms/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/

http://www.dietaryfiberdigest.com/can-too-much-fiber-cause-constipation

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Han Shot First
on 5/29/15 9:53 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Congrats on your success so far!

Every morning I mix up two 32oz bottles of SF Kool Aid, and I add Benefiber to them.  This works for me.  At first, I used too much, and it had the opposite effect.  But I have my dosage down now, and it works really well.  

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Silverbelle69
on 5/29/15 5:42 pm - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12

I take prescription Linzess.  Lets just say it works very well. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 405 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 10 views
Recent Topics