Surgeon Appointment Upcoming

Jaime M.
on 6/10/15 8:53 pm
RNY on 08/31/15

So my pre-op appointment with the surgeon is happening on 6/25/15 and I am excited we are finally here!  I met insurance requirements in May, so that approval went through.  This appointment is just to go over my test results, get recommendations for presurgical, and hopefully get surgery schedule and preauthorization process going.  I am very excited and beyond happy to start this journey. 

On another note, did any of you personally seek therapy before/after sugery to help deal with your issues around food/eating?  How did you pick/find a person that worked for you?

Thanks everyone!

Mary Gee
on 6/10/15 11:22 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Congratulations on your upcoming appointment with the surgeon.  At long last, right!!??!  It's a great feeling to have your approval in hand.

In regard to therapy, I had started therapy about a year before my surgery....a therapist who dealt with eating disorders.  It was really helpful.  I stopped going because of other things going on, and post-op I wanted to go back, but he had relocated to Arizona.  I've tried to find a new therapist, and have had appointments with two different ones; I was disappointed with both.  I'm planning on asking for recommendations at my next support group meeting.

Good luck to you!

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

White Dove
on 6/11/15 5:58 am - Warren, OH

I found my therapist through my surgeon's office recommendation.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/15 2:56 pm

I think going to therapy is a good thing. I have been going about two years prior to surgery. It has helped me with other issues also. 

Congratulations on your upcoming appointment. 

gracie88
on 6/11/15 5:56 pm
RNY on 08/26/15

Sounds like we are on same track!  I finished my requirements in May as well.  Surgeon meeting on 6/22 then submitt and get date!  I'm so excited!  Good luck!!!

Jaime M.
on 6/11/15 10:05 pm
RNY on 08/31/15

Hey, I'd love a same time frame buddy if you want to keep in touch more regular off the forum site.  Send me a message!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 467 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 286 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 323 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics