Need support

denaraye
on 6/10/15 4:13 am - MI

When I started my weight loss journey I attributed my success to being active on this site.  I have not been here in ages and I have gained nearly 25 pounds.  It is time for a reality check.  I need your support.  So ladies and gentlemen what steps do I begin to get back on track?  

I am no longer defined, by the wreckage behind!

Sarahakers11
on 6/10/15 4:28 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Go back to the beginning -ish.  Make sure your getting exercise, protein first, not snacking...etc etc.  Also for me when I fall off the wagon its a mental issue for getting back on.  Try to grab a book or something that inspires you true or fictional story or star****ching American Ninja Warrior or something.  Get your mind set on being AMAZINGLY and AUTHENTICALLY YOU!  there is a quote I read the other day   Optimist - someone who understands a step back after a step forward is not a disaster its a cha cha.   I try to remember that then listen to the song Shut up and Dance with me..it makes me giggle!

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

denaraye
on 6/10/15 4:36 am - MI

What a great attitude!  Makes me want to dance.  I ordered some protein first thing this morning.  I am also reading lots of posts as I find you all so encouraging.  Thank you

cspotrun
on 6/10/15 4:39 am
RNY on 07/01/14

protein first, don't drink with your meals, limit carbs, limit snacking, no drinks with calories, log everything you eat in MFP.

Gwen from the VSG forum has a post she often puts up for people trying to get back to basics.  I'm sure if you search it you can find it.  She just posted it recently in response to someone asking the same question.  Also, you can read everyday, the "what are you eating today?" thread and post in there.  Keeps you honest.

you can do this!

Karen   

denaraye
on 6/10/15 6:54 am - MI

I found the post you mentioned and it was very good thank you.  I am excited to jump back onboard.  

NYMom222
on 6/10/15 11:32 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Not drinking with meals is a big one that I can see over time could be forgotten s 'not as important' Keeps you feeling full longer and eating less.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 406 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 262 views