Incision question for the girls!!!

radze09
on 6/14/15 7:27 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

I have an incision that is almost in between my boobs. I am a 38G size. The incision does not scab over since I am wearing a bra. In the hospital with no bra it did scab. Once home and wearing a bra it stays moist all the time. Should I cover it or something?? The doc office said to clean it three times a day, that's it. I didn't ask them about a dressing cause I thought it would scab. 5 days later, no such luck! 

SkinnyScientist
on 6/14/15 8:48 pm

I would cover it with lots of gauze.

At 38G..you probably need to wear a bra to be comfortable...

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

aesposito
on 6/14/15 8:55 pm

I had an incision that was irritated by my bra.  I slapped a bandaid on it for a few weeks and it was fine.

Also I was told that as long as I took regular showers, there was no need to specially clean the incisions.  I think I put neosporin on them a few times, peeled the steri-strips off when they started to curl, and that was it.

Audrey

Highest weight: 340
Surgery weight: 313
Surgery date: 10/24/11
Current weight 170... 170 pounds lost!!!!

I am not a doctor, but I play one at work.

SkinnyScientist
on 6/14/15 9:04 pm

I was given hibicleanse to bathe with and told to pay "special attention to them" especially the one in the belly button.

Got to love the differences in plans!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Marys1521
on 6/14/15 9:14 pm
On June 14, 2015 at 7:27 PM Pacific Time, radze09 wrote:

I have an incision that is almost in between my boobs. I am a 38G size. The incision does not scab over since I am wearing a bra. In the hospital with no bra it did scab. Once home and wearing a bra it stays moist all the time. Should I cover it or something?? The doc office said to clean it three times a day, that's it. I didn't ask them about a dressing cause I thought it would scab. 5 days later, no such luck! 

Mine told me to keep it as dry as possible. To allow it to air out as much as possible and only put a bandaid on it when I couldn't let it "air dry"!

radze09
on 6/15/15 5:25 am
RNY on 06/08/15

I use the hair dryer to help dry the area after showers and cleaning it. I don't have the steri strips, I am allergic to them. I will be staying home mostly for the next couple days so maybe it will get better without the bra. I can't go anywhere without one..... Infection scares me but I have not had any signs yet so maybe I am being overly cautious, MAYBE.

Jaime M.
on 6/15/15 9:40 pm
RNY on 08/31/15

Sorry to hear about your owie!  Just as a note, if you're using a hair dryer try to use it on cool heat if your hair dryer has it.  In an area like that that stays moist, using heat on it can actually increase the bacterial load.  I educate patients about this frequently who are having a c/s and the incision lies under their post pregnancy belly.  I hope it gets to feeling better!

Kathyjs
on 6/15/15 8:34 am

Good idea , couple of days with no bra, hope it heals soon

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views