Two weeks out and cutting the grass!!

radze09
on 6/22/15 12:34 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

Two weeks today from surgery and I cut the grass this morning! Feels so good to be doing something so normal!! I have a city mower(weed eater with a deck) which is lightweight. Normally takes me 30 minutes to do but I did it in a hour with breaks. Not bad, I don't think. I have been lucky to not really have had much pain. Thought maybe it might act up a bit but nope, no pain!! I am very excited to be able to start doing more and more normal things like I used to before surgery so quickly!!

kaniky
on 6/22/15 1:27 pm
RNY on 05/18/15

Please be so careful and listen to your body.  You may be tired later today.  Congrats!

I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
M1: -15, M2: -14, M3: -8, M4 -11, M5 -8, M6 -7, M7 -8, M8 -4

christinerocks
on 6/22/15 1:49 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Dear Lord how did you do that? I am in awe. I couldn't even make it through the day without naps until week 3!  Good luck and listen to your body.  Cheers! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

radze09
on 6/22/15 6:58 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

Thank you guys for the thoughts!! I have been very lucky with my recovery. I had issues, diarrhea till I found out I was now lactose intolerant and an allergic reaction to the dermabond. Not going to let it stop me!! If those are the worst things that happen during recovery I will take it! I do listen to my body and pace myself. I wash laundry, do dishes, vacuum, pick up around the house, but I pace myself!!! Pain hasn't been an issue. If anything a couple Tylenol here or there to help with sleep, I like to sleep on my sides! I thinking though when is the floor going to fall out from underneath me?? 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 341 views