throwing up and pain

TammyH968
on 6/24/15 8:45 am - Wichita Falls, TX

I've been waking up in the middle of the night and throwing up.  And have pain on the right side upper stomach area that hurts through to my back.  Reminds me of a gall bladder attack but had that removed several years ago.  I'm 4 years out.  Is it possible to have a stricture or blockage this far out?  I have appointment with doc at 1:00 and I know he's the one that should diagnosis me just needed a little reassurance in this waiting time.  Trying not to think about the pain.  Thanks for any advice.

Tammy

melissasue1982
on 6/24/15 8:47 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Maybe an ulcer?  I know my surgeon said that the pains can be similar!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/24/15 9:33 am

You can get stones in your bile duct or liver without the GB. 

Throwing up or dry heaving?  if you have food stuck in your pouch in a middle of the night-  they may be issue with pouch emptying - motility issues. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

TammyH968
on 6/24/15 9:49 am - Wichita Falls, TX

Thanks for input.  This has been going on for about a month.  I know, I know what's taking so long to go to doc.  I've been having migraines and thought it could be that but now with the pain I realize nope there is something going on here.  I'm applying heat for the pain and sipping ginger tea for nausea.  Whats weird is I've noticed that gurgle sound like that first year.  And I do have a stuck feeling (chest pain type of thing) but I know there is nothing there to be stuck.  Just ready to go to appt and find out what the heck is going on.  Thanks y'all for the distraction and input.  It's helped.  Will let you know outcome.  

Tammy

jazzycatz
on 6/24/15 9:52 am - Joppa, MD

I have had something that sounds very similar. I had my gall bladder out prior to WLS so I knew it wasn't that. Turned out I had trouble with my bile duct. At first they thought stones but turns out it was sludge. And some scar tissue from my RNY.

So they had to place a feeding tube in my remant stomach but not for feeding just for access. That healed for a couple of weeks. Then the surgeon went through the feeding tube, through my remnant stomach and was able to removed the scar tissue that was partially blocking the duct and clean out the sludge.

Took about 2 years before I finally got an official diagnosis when another attack sent me off to ER yet again. But since then I have been pain free so it was worth it.

Hopefully, this is not your issue but it's close enough I would have it checked out. Good Luck.

cspotrun
on 6/24/15 7:24 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

How was your appointment? Any answers?

Karen   

TammyH968
on 6/25/15 1:09 pm - Wichita Falls, TX

Spent all day yesterday in ER and they were no help. Went to my bypass doctor today and he believes I may have ulcer. Put me on full liquids and carafate.  If not better in 4 days to come back.  Feel like crap.  Apart of me hopes this works and then the other part is like crap its an ulcer.  Just tired of feeling crumby.  Thanks everyone for support.

Tammy

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?