Scary day!!

radze09
on 6/29/15 8:25 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

So I have been having really bad pain in my back that has now wrapped around to the front by my belly button. Been dealing with it since last Wednesday. Taking percocet and federal and got the heating pad. Nothing is helping!! Feels like my insides are burning!! Very painful. So I had enough, called the doc again today to see what to do. They wanted me to come in but I wasn't able to drive there. I could hardy get to the er that is 5 minutes from my house. The doc at the er did a ct scan and blood work. Everything looks fine, so he thinks its the nerves being irritated, hence the intense burning feeling, so I need to up my percocet and continue with the federal and heating pad till I can get to my surgeon. So then I get the bomb, the ct scan shows I have a lump on my left breast. Now what??

lynnc99
on 6/29/15 9:47 pm

Ohhhh boy. 

Well first of all, take one step at a time. I imagine you're in for a full workup. Bear in mind that a breast lump can be a fatty tumor or benign lump - I had a lumpectomy which was harmless. But that said - the waiting was horrible. 

A lesson I learned was that our minds will run out about 5 steps ahead of reality in this kind of situation. Stay in the moment. You're dealing with a couple of issues now and just do your best to be sure you get top flight medical care. 

Love and prayers and EVERY good wish! Be sure to keep us posted. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/30/15 4:46 am

It can be nothing. I have a very "lumpy" breast, very dense. All of mine were just fibroids. 

They probably would need to biopsy. Hugs..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

radze09
on 6/30/15 7:08 am
RNY on 06/08/15

I am trying to hold off the bad thoughts! I found it odd though. I was at the ob/gym Friday and he didn't do my breast exam cause of the pain I was in. He kept it simple! Which I was happy about! How ironic that he didn't check and then on a fluke I have the ct scan for my abdomen and it shows the lump.....crazy!!

Emiepie
on 6/30/15 7:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Scary indeed, hope you get an answer soon and that all turns out ok.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Ariann555
on 6/30/15 12:58 pm
RNY on 06/12/15

Scary! I hope you feel better soon. Happy thoughts for you, crossing my fingers that everything will be okay!

cspotrun
on 6/30/15 5:36 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Are you taking a PPI?  My heartburn feels just like you describe if I don't take mine.  It doesn't feel like it did pre-op at all.

I am hoping that the lump is nothing and everything goes smoothly for you.

Karen   

radze09
on 6/30/15 6:14 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

Thank you for the well wishes!! I take pepcid twice a day. This pain/burning sensation is the nerves being irritated. Clothes rubbing against my skin or water in the shower hitting it hurts like hell!! The nerves around the big incision are the worst! Doubling my pain med with the flexeral and heating pad has helped some.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics