One month post op, craving CRUNCHY...suggestions?

Jeppa
on 7/4/15 7:42 am
Revision on 06/02/15

I had my revision on June 2. I have been doing pretty good to follow the food guidelines, It's actually a pain to eat because I feel like I am shoving something in my mouth all day long.  Water/meds/vitamins/water/protein shake/water/water/vitamins/water...etc. - when do we put the food in?? lol   BUT I don't 'know if I'm just tired of mushy - or if it is all of the holiday snacking going on around me - I am craving something crunchy!  I look at granola - way too many carbs! Even cereal doesn't look like a good idea.  Does anyone have suggestions on what I could eat (just a smidgen!) that could satisfy the need to crunch?

12.25.08 - Starting Weight: 408...7.30.09 - Surgery  Weight: 336

6.2.15 - Revision Surgery (Lap removal/RNY) Wt: 295

diane48
on 7/4/15 8:21 am
RNY on 05/07/13

Stick with your plan.  I know that craving for crunchy but if your Dr's plan doesn't call for it yet, don't do it.  That is head hunger. 

Once you are allowed something crunchy, Parmesian Crisps are wonderful.  Just a little circle of grated parmesian cheese on a paper plate and put in the microwave for less than a minute until the edges turn a little brown.  Let it cool and it's crunchy with protein first.  It can be done in the oven on a sil-pat sheet for more of them.  Can't remember the recipe for them.  they might have them on

theworldaccordingtoeggface.com.  Great site for lots of recipes for all stages.

Jeppa
on 7/4/15 8:27 am
Revision on 06/02/15

Thank you, I will give that site a try.  It is just so hard to not have food with texture.  I can eat lean turkey now - I am tempted to get some lean, ground turkey and cook it a "little much" just to have the texture lol ... One more month to solids - this is hard in the summer!  I was previously banded, so the winter was always easy for me - soups, soups, soups - but who wants soups in this heat?

selhard
on 7/4/15 11:16 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Friendly warning to all:  I made the Parmesan Crisps and found them way too irresistible...whoever thought up this recipe should be arrested for sabotage. No. more. for. me.

The Salty Hag
on 7/4/15 9:53 am
RNY on 05/20/13

If you're not caring about taste...how about just ice chips? 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Jeppa
on 7/6/15 11:42 am
Revision on 06/02/15

Now there's an idea! I forget how much I love Soni****!

Chilipepper
on 7/4/15 7:23 pm

Pork rinds

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

selhard
on 7/4/15 1:31 pm, edited 7/6/15 2:54 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Pork rinds?  Now, that is something I can resist.  

Chilipepper, I have never tried fried skin of a pig.  Now, if I had ever fallen upon pork rinds dipped in chocolate, the answer would have been an astounding yes.

Chilipepper
on 7/4/15 9:04 pm

Have you tried them. It's a good no carb snack. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

chris_ruff
on 7/6/15 10:32 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

seriously they are delicious. 

--Christina
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 413 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 359 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views