Almost 4 months

jessicatheresa
on 8/5/15 6:15 pm
RNY on 04/09/15 with

I had my 3 month dr appt about 3 wks ago and have lost 69lbs total. Since then ive only lost about 5lbs which has been going up and down but never gaining past 5. Since my dr appt my hunger had increased but i have been sticking to the same plan prior and not eating more..

Is my honeymoon over? Did hunger come back for anybody else before the 4th month? Feeling a little discouraged with this small loss this month,  i didnt expect to have this issue this soon.

Cooter N.
on 8/5/15 6:30 pm

That sounds like what happened to me too. I am 6 months out and it did really slow down for me. I will drop 2-4 lbs every 3 weeks now instead of constant loss.

Surgery 2/3/15 Band to RNY Hw:272 CW:262   

Sheri R.
on 8/5/15 9:04 pm - Aberdeen, WA

I had my surgery the day before you and I just now got done tracking my weight loss month by month because I also feel my weight loss slowing.  I actually lost 8 pounds between last month this time and now but for the past couple of weeks I have been stalled.  I think this is normal, though.  I was told to be aware that some months are slower than others, so I think it is just my body resetting itself.  The thing that freaked me out the most, though, was that exactly at 16 weeks I started losing large clumps of hair!  I knew about surgical hair loss but dang.  Have you had this problem, too? 

jessicatheresa
on 8/5/15 9:29 pm
RNY on 04/09/15 with

Yeah for about the last month my hair loss has been noticeable when i brush or run my fingers through it. The tiny baby hairs i have growing in stick up everywhere

I knew my loss qould slow just wasnt expecting it this spon. Ill be happy if i can atleast make it to a 10lb loss this month

M1- 32⬇ M2- 20⬇M3- 17⬇

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/6/15 5:53 am

At about 3 months out - give or take a few weeks, most tissue and nerves should be healed, so the body start making the so annoying hunger hormon. 

At the same time - now you also should get great restriction and are able to eat dense proteins. 

Eating on schedule - dense proteins, then some non starchy veggies, maybe a bite of carbs...should make you full.. Make sure to get good fats in your diet. A slice of avocado, a few olives..makes our body think we are in heaven.. (at least mine does) 

Wait 30-60 min after eating, then start drinking liquids... Water,herbal teas, etc.. 

Even now, 7 years post op what I think is hunger is often thirst...and if I get 2-3 cups of liquid in me, the hunger is gone..until an hour or so.. 

Plus... Sometimes too much acid may feel like hunger.... I needs to take PPI (antacids) for 4+ years post op RNY... In my case - my GERD got worse, not better after RNY...

Even now - I am bock on them ... (due to increase in steroids I need to take) ... 

Good luck... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

jessicatheresa
on 8/6/15 8:16 am
RNY on 04/09/15 with

Im not sure about about the acid.. i havent had an issue or needed to take any meds since before surgery for it. 

I guess it wouldnt hurt to try an acid reducer when im hungry to see what happens

M1- 32⬇ M2- 20⬇M3- 17⬇

auntmimi
on 8/6/15 7:00 am

My weight loss has been like stairs. I lose a few lbs, then stay there for a few weeks then lose a few more. Kinda like stairs, not like a slide. I think 69lbs is awesome! Stick to plan. 

At 4 months I started to feel "hunger" it correlated with the time frame that my Dr. had me stop my Pepcid. At 6 months I started taking 1 a day again and noticed that it stopped the "hunger" i was feeling. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 515 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 432 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 433 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 363 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?