Hello and thanks

AnneL
on 8/10/15 3:47 pm

Hi: My surgery date was 7/31. I figure I am doing OK. Moods all over the place. Catching myself making detail errors. Started purée 2nd week. Re read the material and went back to shakes and yogurt. So many details right now to track. Weight is not sliding off the way I expected. 

Many of the comments I have read have been really helpful. I appreciate you all putting your experiences, thoughts and feelings on here. 

I figured six weeks off of work, but starting today, I am cut off from my work email (it was supposed to happen right away) and I find that has made me a little nuts. Now tempted to return to work sooner. I suppose feeling out of control on the work front is challenging me. 

Suggestions on on timeline for return to work? I am tiring easily, but no pain. 

Thank you all.

Deanna798
on 8/10/15 3:49 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

My doctors said if I'm doing well they will release me at 2 weeks to return, but prefer 4 weeks to help get myself prepared with getting my water in. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

TimeForMe61
on 8/10/15 4:50 pm - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

My advice is to take as much time as you can to focus on YOU! I took 7 weeks and I needed it to get my food, vitamins and exercise on a regulated path. I have a very demanding job that requires travel and decided that I was taking time for me (therefore my OH name). How many opportunities do you get to step off the hamster wheel? I'm glad I did it.

AnneL
on 8/10/15 7:47 pm

Thanks for the comments from both. Staying off the hamster wheel is really hard. One of my goals is to train staff to be able to operate without me, but being out of it is very hard. Interesting, since I am contemplating retirement. This is good practice. I was doing o****il the email was cut off. Now I am really nervous that there may be problems that my team is struggling with or tat I made mistakes that are surfacing in my absence.

This is all emotional and not particularly rational. I agree I need to focus on myself. Perhaps after my energy is back that may be easier. I am  getting tired very quickly. 

Thanks again...

White Dove
on 8/11/15 6:05 am - Warren, OH

I had no pain and only took a week off.  

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

LynnAlex
on 8/11/15 5:50 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

My position was abolished and i didn't want to transfer to another state so I took an early retirement at age 51.  I loved it for several years.  Then I babysat 4 days, and now down to 2 days for my only grandkids (age 15 months and 3.5 years). The first couple of years we traveled to Europe and spent 6 months in southwest US.  Now, I am bored and want to go back to work.  If you have always worked, it is hard to stay home.  After 30 years of not caring how clean my house was, I still don't care about the house.  I am planning on going back to a minimum wage job in April next year to save money for plastics.  It might be good for you to stay at home, and see if you could live with that in retirement.

Age 61 5'4" Consult-6/2/15: 238 SW-8/4/15: 210 CW:145 (6/30/18) M1-16#, M2-17#, M3-14#, M4-10#, M5-6#, M6-5#, M7-1#, M8 -3# Range 133-138 DexaScan 4/16/17 19% body fat---- 2016 wt avg 142-146, 2017, wt. avg 132-136, 2018 avg weight 144-146 bounce back is real.

AnneL
on 8/11/15 8:38 pm

Wow. I love the travel notion. I am 66 years old now. I have been reading about and considering activities in retirement. Not coming up with much. I am feeling better now, 1 1/2 weeks after surgery. Have not had pain, tiring easily. Getting bored. I appreciate the feedback. Right now, considering going back after 4 weeks, even though I told them six. Using up vacation. Hate to be without that bank. 

On another subject, I am disappointed that I have not lost any weight for days. I have MD follow up tomorrow. 

I will keep thinking of taking more time for myself to get on better track. I am working on listening to the expert, successful folks on this forum.

LadyBaltimore
on 8/12/15 6:53 am
RNY on 07/27/15

I actually only took one week off, even though I was still in pain. Staying at home was more detrimental to my mental health than going back to work. (My husband does not give off good energy, and I'll leave it at that.)  It really did help a lot.  

My job is essentially a desk job, and I just organized my meetings, etc. to help suit my physical tiredness, etc.

Ultimately, everyone is different, so do what feels best for you.  *hugs*

Congrats on the surgery,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 296 views